Technical Service Supervisor- APAC
Technical Service Supervisor
Supervise the technical service department of assigned product line with responsibility for processing customer’s technical service related trips such as installations, training, service work, field rebuilds, afterhours troubleshooting and 24/7 support coverage. Work closely with engineering to improve quality and performance of equipment. Provide technical expertise to other departments where needed. Prioritize as required while directing the work of assigned team. Staff, manage, evaluate and develop employees as needed.
- Supervise, develop, and cross train assigned team members.
- Oversee technical problem resolution for customers.
- Oversee installation, startup and on-site training in customers’ locations or in house.
- Coordinate Customer support visits.
- Communicate w/ customers to build report and maintain business relations.
- Assist Order Fulfillment Group with processing orders, preparing quotes and assigning customer returns.
- Coordinate after hours troubleshooting and 24/7 support coverage.
- Assess and develop EMTs and coach as required.
- Working closely with sales Account Managers assist in the completion of equipment orders to insure accuracy.
- Work closely with Engineering groups to improve equipment performance and quality.
- Working together with sales Account Managers insure smooth transition of equipment to service.
- As a supervisor in the organization, it is your responsibility to optimize the work of assigned department(s) and balance the work load appropriately; develop and implement efficiencies to improve the work flow; develop and oversee the training, development and evaluation of assigned staff and ensure smooth teamwork with other functions; and, ensure high quality standards are established and maintained.
- Additionally, it is your responsibility to accomplish your own work in an organized, timely manner; and effectively manage approved budgets; generate and solicit continuous improvement ideas from your team and develop implementation plans; take personal responsibility for service excellence, sustainability and safe working practices; and, understand and ensure compliance with our Principles & Values and all company policies and procedures.
JOB KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced computing skills: MS-Office, Windows, Outlook, Pivot Tables, Charts.
- Strong technical background with understanding of Hydraulics, Electrical and Electronics, Pneumatics, blue print reading, technical drawing and schematics and mechanical design.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Fluency in English and local languages as needed for assigned geographic region.
- Good phone etiquette.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and maintain composure.
- Ability to motivate and supervise workforce.
- Ability to control departmental expenses.
- Must be available for overtime, weekend and holidays as needed.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Five years of experience with a combination of customer and internal personal communications.
- Five years of experience in a related technical service field.
- Five years of experience supervising others, ideally technicians
EDUCATIONAL AND/OR TRAINING REQUIREMENT:
- Associates Degree in business or related technical field or equivalent work related experience.
Provisur is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and provides an environment of diversity, equality, and inclusion (DEI) to all employees and applicants, regardless of a person’s age, race, color, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, military or veteran status, national origin, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law.