Mechanical Engineer I
Mechanical Engineer I
Provisur is an industry leader that pushes the boundaries of ingenuity, bringing precision-engineered food processing equipment, aftermarket parts and service to locations around the world. As a global leader with a close-knit family feel, we take pride in taking care of our people.
Our Mechanical Engineers engineer food processing machinery from concept through production utilizing industry design standards and guidance from the project engineering manager, team lead or other engineers. Walk from the engineering office to the production floor to see what you created!
What You'll Do:
- Develop new concepts by applying design standards, details and geometry to the idea.
- Create conceptual models, assemblies and drawings from engineering sketches or layouts with the ability to enhance concepts with their own ideas.
- Analyze existing product lines for function to investigate improvements for function across the product line.
- Interpret designs, make engineering calculations, examine specifications and expedite and process engineering change requests.
- Work with Manufacturing / Sales/ Service to improve manufacturability and serviceability of the equipment as well as answer questions and resolve problems that arise.
What You Won’t Do:
- Feel like a number - we value respect, teamwork, and collaboration at every level
- Suffer from boredom - you’re always doing and learning new things, with a variety of clients and coworkers around the world
- Max out - you’ll grow and advance as quickly as your skills and desires allow
Who You Are:
- A creative thinker who loves to uncover how things work and design new solutions and ways to approach solutions
- A problem-solver who thinks quickly on their feet without losing sight of important details
- A lifelong learner with a passion for advancing your career and raising your hand when opportunities arise
What You’ll Need:
- A desire to learn new things, apply what you already know, and never shy away from sharing your opinion to improve a product or process
- BSME or 2 years in mechanical related field or industry (e.g. pumps, grinders, generators, etc. )
- Good drawing and detailing capabilities with an understanding of assembly stackup and tolerances.
- Good machine design skills.
- Clear understanding of manufacturing and production processes.
- 2-D or 3-D CAD experience
- Skilled in PC word processing and spreadsheet programs, preferably Microsoft Word and Excel.
What You’ll Enjoy:
- Healthy work/life balance on a team that collaborates well and truly enjoys working together
- Environment where we promote from within, cross-train and provide ongoing skill development
- Robust benefits package including great health insurance, holiday pay, employee referral bonuses, and even pet insurance!
- Safe, clean, air-conditioned facility
- Retirement savings (401k) opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Continuing education assistance
- A company dedicated to the local community that gives back through charitable contributions
Provisur is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and provides an environment of diversity, equality, and inclusion (DEI) to all employees and applicants, regardless of a person’s age, race, color, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, military or veteran status, national origin, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law.