Sr. Cost Analyst
Sr. Cost Analyst
Provisur is an industry leader that pushes the boundaries of ingenuity, bringing precision-engineered food processing equipment, aftermarket parts and service to locations around the world. As a global leader in our industry with a close-knit family feel, we take pride in taking care of our people. Check out our video to see for yourself!
Our Sr. Cost Analyst analyses the prime margin ensuring sound standard cost practice reside within the PeopleSoft platform for aftermarket and equipment sales. This position supports the finance supervisor in annual tasks such annual standard cost update, variance analysis, equipment costing, physical inventory and end of the year audit responsibilities.
What You’ll Do as an Sr. Cost Analyst:
- Analysis of monthly inventory variances to determine whether the variances are appropriate and whether costs are reasonable; preparation of month end project, plant and ad hoc reports
- Assist in coordination of annual update of standard costs and reconciliation of physical inventory along with monthly departmental expense analysis
- Implement periodic review procedures to ensure machine and aftermarket margins are reasonable, based on cost; including evaluation of bills of materials with appropriate departments and analysis of results.
- Complete monthly journal entries as assigned and account reconciliations.
- Ensure control environment over inventory and expenditures is appropriate to ensure timely and accurate reporting. In addition, participate in cycle count program.
- Review ERP set up for inventory costing and expenditures and test new functionality as necessary. As well as prepare ad hoc reporting requests or other projects assigned by management.
- Completes assignments on or ahead of schedule and accomplishes assigned work in an organized, timely manner. Understands and complies with all company policies and procedures and takes personal responsibility for safety.
What You Won’t Do:
- Suffer from boredom - you’ll always do and learn new things with colleagues from around the world
- Max out - you’ll grow and advance as quickly as your skills and desires allow
Who You Are:
- A person who enjoys interacting with others and likes to build relationships
- A self-starter and able to work with a team
- An excellent interpersonal with strong communication and time management skills
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Five to seven years of Accounting/Finance or related business experience is required.
- CPA / CMA preferred
What You’ll Enjoy:
- Healthy work/life balance
- Collaborating with a team that enjoys working together
- Cross-training, ongoing skill development, and continuing education assistance
- A robust benefits package with great health, dental, vision, and life insurance, employee referral bonuses, and even pet insurance!
- A remote work policy and ample paid time off (PTO)
- Retirement savings (401k) opportunities
- Working for a company that gives back through charitable contributions and matching gifts
Where to Learn More:
Provisur is proud to be an equal opportunity employer - we embrace diversity and welcome individuals from all walks of life. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Provisur is a proud Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and provides an environment of diversity, equality, and inclusion (DEI) to all employees and applicants, regardless of a person’s age, race, color, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, military or veteran status, national origin, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, or any other protected status under federal, state, or local law.