Project Manager (International)
A job at Provation is your chance to make a difference in the lives of medical professionals and their patients who depend on our software each and every day. Provation is the premier software provider of procedure documentation, workflow automation, and clinical decision support solutions and trusted by leading physicians globally. As a market leader for more than 25 years, we proudly serve thousands of hospitals, surgical facilities, physician groups and medical offices, including 19 of the top 20 U.S. hospitals and health systems and all 20 of the top 20 ASC management companies.
Provation software helps providers increase operational efficiencies, business profitability, and regulatory compliance by improving quality, streamlining workflows, and enabling insights. For you, that means working on a team that is passionate about finding innovative solutions to meet customer needs, as well as improving and making a difference in the healthcare industry.
In 2021, Provation was acquired by Fortive Corporation, a Fortune 1000 company that builds essential technology and accelerates transformation in high-impact fields like workplace safety, engineering, and healthcare. At Fortive inclusion and equality are inextricably linked within our core values. Just as we invest in our teams’ health and wellbeing, we continuously improve on our promise to deliver equitable benefits and offerings for all. Together, we are stronger, and we can harness the power of the Fortive Business System to better serve our healthcare customers with innovative digital offerings and industry-leading productivity solutions that clinicians can trust.
The iProcedures Project Manager is responsible for the initiation, coordination, and completion of multiple, parallel implementation projects. They will build and maintain strong relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved in the projects. They will be responsible for setting customer expectations and leading efforts to sustain customer satisfaction. Project managers will oversee and assume accountability for all aspects of application implementation including client requirements, development, and testing timelines. They will develop and present full-scale project plans and associated communications documents. Overall Project Managers will be responsible for the successful implementation of projects, managing the full life cycle including requirements gathering, creating project plans and schedules, managing, and assigning resources and project execution, deployment, and closure.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage the full project life cycle of implementation projects.
- Monitor and summarize the progress of application implementation.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope and identify dependencies and risks.
- Define project success criteria and disseminates them to involved parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Conduct project post postmortems and drive continuous improvement efforts.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Participate in efforts to standardize practices and consolidate tracking methods across all implementations.
- Utilize industry-standard project management methodologies and techniques to effectively manage projects.
- Provide leadership and effectively communicate project status.
- Conduct successful kick-off call with new clients introducing the project team, process, required resources, system integration, etc.
- Coordinate with account managers to conduct application demo Identify and establish communication channels with key client resources such as Project Managers, Network Engineers, Interface Engineers, Anesthesiologists, Clinical Analyst, IT, etc.
- Conduct project pre-planning activities and establish the scope of the project after reviewing the client contract Set up regular calls and identify the clinical workflow, project schedule, and other infrastructure requirements such as capsule, devices, Wi-Fi assessment, VPN, etc.
- Coordinate the setup of the test environment and conduct current state analysis for clients working with the account manager.
- Collect and organize change requests from the client.
- Work with account manager, developers, and management to analyze change requests to meaningful and clear tasks.
- Effectively communicate alternate workflows and workarounds where applicable.
- Work with the client and internal team to set reasonable delivery dates.
- Make all possible efforts to contain scope creep.
- Keep all stakeholders involved in the project well informed and avoid communication gaps Identify roadblocks early in the process and make efforts to resolve them and escalate if needed.
- Coordinate and establish VPN tunnels, Capsule integration, etc. working with respective vendors and getting them involved early in the process.
- Coordinate other system integrations such as SCM, partner integration and ensure timely completion of required tasks.
- Work with Account Managers and Development teams to ensure promised deliverables can be completed in a timely manner.
- Setup the project plan and baseline.
- Track, update and communicate the progress to all stakeholders regularly.
- Actively participate in testing of the application including requested features and deliverables
- Setup the go-live team along with the Account Manager and ensure all team members are familiar with the client changes, training schedule, and onsite support coverage.
- Coordinate thorough testing of the application in test and production.
- Get client requirements for iPro team to be on-site and ensure that all team members are compliant with patient safety and privacy training, TB screening, annual flu shot, and vaccinations requested by the client.
- Coordinate getting clearance for the same from the clients in a timely manner.
- Create confidence and positive experience for clients in using iPro application through training, demonstration, and other interaction with clients.
- Provide overall lesson learned from the project implementation and assist account manager with organizing post-go-live change requests.
- Formally close the project and transition it to the account manager Keep abreast with the latest features, modules, and bug fixes in the application
- This position will have access to all the client test and production environments as required to provide support for the project implementation. The project managers will work independently with the client stakeholders and will make discretionary decisions on key aspects of the project such as scope and timelines. They will also be responsible for identifying and assigning appropriate resources for the project as needed. The project manager will coordinate with the clients to establish VPN connections between iPro and the client environment and will pass on the credentials and keys between the client and iProcedures.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or 5 or more years of work experience as a project manager preferably in the health care domain.
- PMP certification is an expectation for this position and Project Managers are expected to towards the certification if they do not have one.
- Clinical knowledge and documentation skills and familiarity working with EMR implementations are a plus.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively present or demo in front of large groups Physical demands as required to perform the essentials functions of this position.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions
Provation Core Values:
- Customer Focused: We put our customers first and maintain effective customer relationships.
- Productive: We work smarter; We work to produce the most effective results.
- Innovative: We look to improve or create more effective processes, products or ideas to increase our business success.
- Accountable: We see it, we own it, we solve it and we do it.
- Teamwork: We practice collaboration and communication across the organization.
The Fortive Promise - For you. For us. For growth.
- We believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow and make an impact. And we believe in giving you the opportunity, accountability, and visibility to do just that.
- We believe in us. We believe in the power of great people working together to innovate and solve problems no one could solve alone. We build enduring partnerships with our customers and take on their challenges and opportunities as our own.
- We believe in growth. We are honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we work hard to innovate and improve. With a passionate focus on our markets and our customers, we learn and grow together to make a difference in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by most people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities and requirements.