A job at Provation is your chance to make a difference in the lives of medical professionals and their patients who depend on our software each and every day. Provation is the premier software provider of procedure documentation, workflow automation, and clinical decision support solutions and trusted by leading physicians globally. As a market leader for more than 25 years, we proudly serve thousands of hospitals, surgical facilities, physician groups and medical offices, including 19 of the top 20 U.S. hospitals and health systems and all 20 of the top 20 ASC management companies.
Provation software helps providers increase operational efficiencies, business profitability, and regulatory compliance by improving quality, streamlining workflows, and enabling insights. For you, that means working on a team that is passionate about finding innovative solutions to meet customer needs, as well as improving and making a difference in the healthcare industry.
In 2021, Provation was acquired by Fortive Corporation, a Fortune 1000 company that builds essential technology and accelerates transformation in high-impact fields like workplace safety, engineering, and healthcare. At Fortive inclusion and equality are inextricably linked within our core values. Just as we invest in our teams’ health and wellbeing, we continuously improve on our promise to deliver equitable benefits and offerings for all. Together, we are stronger, and we can harness the power of the Fortive Business System to better serve our healthcare customers with innovative digital offerings and industry-leading productivity solutions that clinicians can trust.
Work with a cross functional team, which includes developers, product managers, QA engineers, and business analysts, to implement solutions tightly aligned with business objectives. Partner with team members to ensure cloud infrastructure solutions are designed and built with a high level of quality, security and scalability. Utilize the latest full stack technologies and cloud services to produce exceptional software within a continuous integration/continuous delivery environment.
Position Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Product Management and other functional teams to evaluate, develop and maintain the platform and features for Provation products
- Learn, understand and leverage cutting edge technologies to gain competitive advantage
- Creatively brainstorm and innovate on prototypes as well as future products and features to drive the business forward
- Proactively research industry trends and best practices to apply them as necessary
- Deliver high-quality and on-schedule work according to Agile software development methodology
- Participate in Agile activities including daily stand ups, estimations, and backlog grooming and reviews
- Provide internal development support which includes delivering fast and high-quality fixes to urgent production issues
- Actively create opportunities for code/component re-use
- Act as a development lead providing direction, training, and guidance for less experienced colleagues
- Leverage existing frameworks, platforms, and patterns to improve time to market
- Promote and ensure standards and framework compliance across the development team
- Participate in code reviews providing guidance to Development and QA team members
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- At least 5-7 years software development experience
- Proficiency with HL7 and Mirth
- Proficiency with C# and .NET is preferred
- Experience with Entity Framework / EF Core is preferred
- Knowledge of Angular (2+) and client-side web development
- Familiarity with unit testing frameworks such as XUnit and Jasmine
- Experience with SQL and relational databases such as SQL Server
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Familiarity with ETL concepts and processes
- Ability to meet project deadlines and milestones with a sense of urgency
- Solid knowledge of security and encryption best practices
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Knowledge of SDLC best practices
- Results oriented with a strong sense of teamwork
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of teams
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively both verbally and in writing to technical and non-technical audiences
Our purpose at Provation is to empower providers to deliver quality healthcare for all. To deliver on this commitment, we’re guided by our core values - Provation CARES:
- Community: We have a shared sense of improving healthcare, enriching the broader world we live and serve.
- Accountability: We own it and get it done with integrity.
- Respect: We build diverse teams that collaborate and communicate with positive intent and trust.
- Excellence: We welcome new ideas as we innovate quality solutions.
- Service: We are passionate about putting customers first
The Fortive Promise - For you. For us. For growth.
We believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow and make an impact. And we believe in giving you the opportunity, accountability, and visibility to do just that.
We believe in us. We believe in the power of great people working together to innovate and solve problems no one could solve alone. We build enduring partnerships with our customers and take on their challenges and opportunities as our own.
We believe in growth. We are honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we work hard to innovate and improve. With a passionate focus on our markets and our customers, we learn and grow together to make a difference in the world.