Sales Operations Director
Provation is the premier software provider of intelligent procedure documentation and coding solutions improving clinical productivity and reimbursement (Provation® MD), equipping physicians and administrators with evidence-based clinical decision support solutions to optimize order sets and care plans (Provation® Order Sets) and providing evidence-based content for structured clinical documentation and coding embedded within the EHR (Provation® Clinic Note). Provation is trusted by leading physicians globally, serving approximately 1,500 hospitals and 1,000 Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs), including 16 of the top 20 U.S. hospitals for gastroenterology (GI) and GI surgery. Provation is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN and is owned by Clearlake Capital Group, L.P.
The primary responsibilities of this position are to support functions essential to sales force productivity. These include budget planning, sales reporting and analysis, quota setting and management, sales process optimization, CRM effectiveness and reporting. The Sales Operations Manager is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the global sales organization. Reporting to the Vice-President of Global Sales, the Sales Operations Manager works closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the appropriate objectives and priorities are enabled with the global sales organization.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates sales forecasting, planning and budgets processes used within the global sales organization. Proactively monitors and strives to maintain high levels of quality, accuracy and process consistency in the sales organization’s planning efforts. As needed, coordinates planning activities with other functions and stakeholders within the firm.
- Conducts on-going sales segmentation analysis to ensure maximum optimization of territories and maximize customer reach
- Leverage deep industry/product knowledge and an intimate knowledge of sales data to enhance multiple initiatives such as incentives, pricing, training, etc.
- Develops and manages sales data and key performance initiatives on a quarterly basis to maximize ability to exceed revenue.
- Contributes to the management of each sales territory’s performance and provide sales RVPs with the necessary tools and metrics to improve sales performance across the organization.
- Manages the evaluation and interpretation of data to develop strategies by reviewing information extracted from various sources, identifying trends that signal new opportunities, converting data trends into actionable sales strategies and tactics.
- Drives the implementation of the sales processes and strategic initiatives to ensure consistency of utilization of best practices, processes and tools across the organization.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for sales process improvement. Works closely with sales leaders to inspect sales process quality and prioritize opportunities for improvement. Assist sales management in uncovering process bottlenecks and inconsistencies.
- Implements enabling technologies, including CRM, to field sales teams. Owns the assigned sales organizations compliance with required standards for maintaining CRM data. Works closely with sales leadership to optimize the effectiveness of the firm’s technology investments. Initiates CRM reporting and analysis consistent with sales organization key sales metrics and objectives.
- Supports senior sales leadership making go/no-go decisions on large, complex sales opportunities by ensuring accurate, comprehensive, consistent information about the sales opportunity and its relationship to the larger portfolio of sales opportunities. Provides analysis and recommendation of pricing and margin implications associated with large opportunities.
- Builds solid peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key leadership personnel.
- The individual may be exposed to private and confidential information, including personal health information, and is expected to adhere to company policies and all relevant laws regarding handling of such information.
- Other duties and projects as assigned
Education & Experience
- BA or BS Degree in Business, Sales/Marketing, or related discipline; OR if no degree, 7 plus years of Sales (operations and/or management) experience.
- MBA preferred in Business Administration and/or Decision Modeling, but not required.
- 5+ years in B2B sales and/or sales operations experience
- Prior history of success in multiple functional areas: Sales, Marketing, Operations, or related role, preferably selling into the healthcare IT space or hospital market segment
- Managed or worked closely with CRM systems and providing guidance and direction to analysts who support Sales & Marketing groups
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of sales processes and methodologies
- Developing and implementing sales tools and processes
- Facilitating customer presentations and/or demonstrations
- Collaborating with multiple internal teams, including C-suite team members
- Demonstrating strong analytical and research skills (including sales reporting and analytics)
- Demonstrating expert knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Ability to travel approximately 10-25%, as needed
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Demonstrated ability of aggregating data from disparate sources within Access, Excel, or equivalent tools.
- Community -We have a shared sense of improving healthcare, enriching the broader world we live in and serve.
- Accountability - We own it and get it done with integrity.
- Respect - We build diverse teams that collaborate and communicate with positive intent and trust.
- Excellence - We welcome new ideas as we innovate quality solutions.
- Service - We are passionate about putting customers first.