Enterprise Project Manager
A job at Provation is your chance to make a difference in the lives of medical professionals and their patients who depend on our software each and every day. Provation is the premier software provider of procedure documentation, workflow automation, and clinical decision support solutions and trusted by leading physicians globally. As a market leader for more than 25 years, we proudly serve thousands of hospitals, surgical facilities, physician groups and medical offices, including 19 of the top 20 U.S. hospitals and health systems and all 20 of the top 20 ASC management companies.
Provation software helps providers increase operational efficiencies, business profitability, and regulatory compliance by improving quality, streamlining workflows, and enabling insights. For you, that means working on a team that is passionate about finding innovative solutions to meet customer needs, as well as improving and making a difference in the healthcare industry.
In 2021, Provation was acquired by Fortive Corporation, a Fortune 1000 company that builds essential technology and accelerates transformation in high-impact fields like workplace safety, engineering, and healthcare. At Fortive inclusion and equality are inextricably linked within our core values. Just as we invest in our teams’ health and wellbeing, we continuously improve on our promise to deliver equitable benefits and offerings for all. Together, we are stronger, and we can harness the power of the Fortive Business System to better serve our healthcare customers with innovative digital offerings and industry-leading productivity solutions that clinicians can trust.
The Enterprise Project Manager will be responsible for all programs and projects across the organization. This position will maintain a top-down view of an organization’s portfolio of projects and will support the Enterprise Project Management Office.
The Enterprise Project Manager assists executive leadership in deciding which programs and projects should be undertaken. To accomplish this, this individual must maintain a clear vision of the companies near and long-term strategy. EPMOs often facilitate some form of committee, which reviews business unit proposals and approves new initiatives.
With visibility across the entire organization, the EPM can coordinate efforts among business units ensuring projects are aligned and in no way conflicting. This organizational visibility allows the EPM to assist with demand forecasting and resource planning.
An effective EPM includes accounting and analysis skills, enabling it to evaluate return of investment (ROI) for proposed projects. EPMO leadership and team members should have strong business knowledge and are typically less technical than business unit project managers.
The Enterprise PM should be strategic, while the business unit Project Management Office is tactical. This position reports to the CFO.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Development and management of a complex integration plan (Roadmap and Project Plan) ensuring key milestones are met and dependencies managed
- Mobilize project team resources, business and support teams to achieve objectives, assign roles and responsibilities
- Manage the project plan to ensure it stays within time and budget tolerances and seek to overdeliver on budget, quality and performance
- Ensure projects are planned and executed in-line with a standard PMO approach
Cross-Function Integration Team Management
- Lead identification of work stream interdependencies and ensure they are managed successfully
- Guide team leaders throughout the project by delegating tasks and coordinating training as needed
- Lead through strategic change management and provide coaching and application
- Hold regular meetings to provide information, identify interdependencies, secure cross-sector alignment, and agreements
Acquisitions Integration Reporting and Communication
- Communicate progress and results throughout the enterprise on regular basis
- Prepares executive communication that clearly articulates enterprise priorities, roadmaps, status of initiatives, resource needs, opportunities and/or risks to financial and operational plan
- Serve as Liaison between project teams and Leadership to understand and communicate project needs and develop innovative solutions
- Identify and communicate additional opportunities for business value delivery
- Identify and escalate issues/risks facing project teams and work with cross functional management teams to develop solutions to improve current emergent processes and roadblocks
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in Operations leadership and Project Management
- Demonstrated strong finance and accounting acumen
- PMP (Project Management Professional) preferred
- Experience in creating and leading cross-functional teams through complex integration projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or equivalent required
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Experience in healthcare industry preferred
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in business software skills, including Microsoft Excel, SmartSheets PowerPoint and Word applications
- Strong and effective communication skills across multiple levels of the company and across multiple functional areas, both written and verbal
- Strong analytical skills, including financial and accounting knowledge
- Must be adaptable and able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently
- Detail-oriented with good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently and independently with a high degree of accuracy
- Self-motivated and proactive
- High degree of partnering skills: personal integrity; drive for results; forward thinker; performance-oriented, proactive and cross functional thinker
- Team leadership skills and team player orientation
Our purpose at Provation is to empower providers to deliver quality healthcare for all. To deliver on this commitment, we’re guided by our core values - Provation CARES:
- Community: We have a shared sense of improving healthcare, enriching the broader world we live and serve.
- Accountability: We own it and get it done with integrity.
- Respect: We build diverse teams that collaborate and communicate with positive intent and trust.
- Excellence: We welcome new ideas as we innovate quality solutions.
- Service: We are passionate about putting customers first
The Fortive Promise - For you. For us. For growth.
We believe in you. We believe in your potential—your ability to learn, grow and make an impact. And we believe in giving you the opportunity, accountability, and visibility to do just that.
We believe in us. We believe in the power of great people working together to innovate and solve problems no one could solve alone. We build enduring partnerships with our customers and take on their challenges and opportunities as our own.
We believe in growth. We are honest about what’s working and what isn’t, and we work hard to innovate and improve. With a passionate focus on our markets and our customers, we learn and grow together to make a difference in the world.