Sales Training and Enablement Specialist
Provation is a leading provider of clinical productivity software for healthcare professionals, with solutions for intelligent procedure documentation (Provation® MD and Provation® Apex), order set and care plan management (Provation® Order Sets and Provation® Care Plans), and perioperative documentation (Provation® MultiCaregiver). Our software helps providers increase operational efficiencies, business profitability and regulatory compliance by improving quality, streamlining workflows and enabling the generation of insights. Trusted by leading physicians globally, we serve approximately 1,500 hospitals and 1,000 ambulatory surgery centers (ASCs), including 16 of the top 20 U.S. hospitals for gastroenterology (GI) and GI surgery. Provation is headquartered in Minneapolis, MN.
The goal of the Sales Training and Enablement Specialist is to ensure the sales team possess the skills, knowledge, process expertise, and access to assets to maximize every buyer interaction while achieving annual performance goals. The primary focus is to develop, implement and improve upon the processes to hire, train, educate and develop the sales teams on industry specific initiatives. The Sales Training and Enablement Specialist will work closely with HR, sales leaders, sales operations, and marketing to ensure the educational needs of the sales team are met. Individual will have a strong working knowledge of all systems the sales team uses daily and offer support as needed. Additionally, the Sales Training and Enablement Specialist should collaborate across our business to understand best practices and leverage learnings from other teams.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with HR and sales leaders on open sales positions to effectively plan and prepare sales simulations to evaluate sales skills of candidates. This includes, but is not limited to, Regional Director, National Account Manager, Inside Sales, Business Development, Customer Relationship Executives.
- Sales Onboarding. Design, build and optimize process that accelerates time to competency for all sales roles.
- Ongoing Learning and Development. Define, plan, and execute continuing education programs that drive sales productivity for a variety of sales roles. This will be in-conjunction with sales and marketing leaders to focus on sales and industry specific needs.
- Provide coaching to specific individuals, as agreed to by managers, on key selling tactics and initiatives.
- SME of all strategic selling and sales milestone planning, enhancement, and execution as deemed necessary by Sales leadership team.
- SME efforts with Miller Heiman Strategic Selling. Owns coordination of Blue Sheet reviews and lead scheduled calls, provide follow-up training on an as needed basis, create schedule of email messages to refresh on key topics and educate non-sales on key concepts.
- Supports sales leaders in providing on-going education and/or content discussions at quarterly and annual sales meetings.
- Develops and facilitate Continuing Education sessions for the Sales team by soliciting feedback from the sales team and the sales leaders.
- Have a strong working knowledge of Salesforce.com and Power BI and/or other BI platforms used by Provation, to train and be the first line of support for sales team to optimize use of available resources.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Responsible for the appropriate use, as determined by Sr. leadership, of the Learning Management System (LMS).
- Any other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- A bachelors’ degree is required with a focus on instructional design preferred.
- Preferred experience in Healthcare Industry.
- Proven track record of sales training, sales support or sales enablement responsibilities.
- Ability to occasionally (10% or less) travel – nationwide.
- Ability to discuss solution integration with other devices and software.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Self-starter and independent thinker with the aptitude to work autonomously.
- Proven business acumen in successfully fostering value-based relationships and a skill set that enables successful relationships with numerous level of healthcare professionals.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated written, listening, and verbal communication skills required.
- Demonstrated presentation skills required.
- Demonstrated leadership skill are required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems.
- Knowledge of Adobe Captivate, Camtasia or similar product – used to create eLearning materials.
Provation Core Values:
- Community: We have a shared sense of improving healthcare, enriching the broader world we live and serve.
- Accountability: We own it and get it done with integrity.
- Respect: We build diverse teams that collaborate and communicate with positive intent and trust.
- Excellence: We welcome new ideas as we innovate quality solutions.
- Service: We are passionate about putting customers first.