Senior Director, Business Development and Alliance Management
Partners with members of the research, development, and commercial organizations to identify, recommend, source and implements diagnostic product and technology acquisition opportunities for the company through research, analysis and personal interactions. The senior director will represent the company with respect to certain partnerships. Additionally, the senior director will contribute to the achievement of the commercial organization’s goals, particularly in the areas of product forecasting and marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies and assesses potential diagnostic business opportunities through personal interaction with other healthcare companies, hospitals, universities and network of established contacts
- Negotiates license agreements when necessary for technology utilized by research, development and clinical operations, including patents and know-how
- Evaluates new in-bound opportunities
- Aligns new diagnostic products/service offerings to the identified needs of the defined target market to complement the current product portfolio
- Establishes strategies for the acquisition and development of new diagnostic products and services to meet the strategic goals of the company
- Develops business case, proposals and deal structures
- Works closely with internal members of Legal, R&D, Commercial and Finance in the development and implementation of strategies, plans and business models. Formulates, negotiates and finalizes acquisition development and product commercialization agreements
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position generally requires a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent graduate level degree, PhD or JD desired but not necessary, and eight years related experience in the clinical laboratory, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical environment. Experience with successfully identifying appropriate business opportunities with viable agencies and organizations, and a successful track record of negotiating transactions.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and potential partners. Advanced negotiation skills.
Ability to work with financial statements and mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to grasp technical concepts related to the company's technologies and convey this knowledge to technical and non-technical audiences.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. Some travel required.
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected class.