Supply Chain Manager
The Supply Chain Manager oversees the staff and daily operations of the Purchasing, Planning and Warehouse/Receiving functions. This person is responsible for managing, establishing, reviewing and maintaining a Master Production Schedule. Generates production targets for finished goods materials and analyzes performance to establish Manufacturing and QC priorities. Manages inventory control for in-house manufactured materials and MRP functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Purchasing, Planning and Warehouse/Receiving functions including the procurement and receipt of laboratory materials, equipment, machinery and other supplies, in accordance with inventory, delivery requirements and quality specifications
- Develops and updates purchasing, planning and receiving standard operating procedures compliant with company policies and procedures. This includes the Great Plains systems used in Finance and Operations.
- Oversees the management and maintenance of supply stockrooms for all internal customers.
- Develops and maintains monthly metrics to assure inventory needs are maintained
- Develop and implement strategies to reduce the total cost of spend to meet COGs objectives and inventory carrying costs
- Key member of the team to develop and implement a world class Sales and Operations Planning, and Product launch management which includes the formation of a monthly S & OP process
- Monitors the day-to-day operations of the MRP2 process across the planning, procurement, manufacturing, inventory management, cost accounting activities as well as areas of materials consumption in manufacturing and the CLIA lab
- Works with functional owners to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues in routine operations
- Maintains a thorough understanding of the end-to-end process and the MRP system configuration that drives the process
- Works with Information Services (IS) group and the MRP system vendor to implement system changes
- Participates as key member of team to establish approved suppliers and, where necessary, conducts audits of approved suppliers to meet regulatory standards. Establishes and maintains vendor relationships
- Provides guidance for staff who prepare and issue purchase orders and processes returns to ensure proper credits are received
- Reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy. Negotiates competitive pricing and vendor contracts. Ensures quality and on-time delivery of materials and supplies
- Participates as a key team member for internal and external company audits
- Manages the Global Biological Sample and Dangerous goods shipping to include the design and manufacturing of IATA compliance shipping containers, creation of commercial invoices, USDA statements, customs documentation and special permits
- Sources and utilizes the appropriate service providers to handle Biological parcel temperature controlled shipments (dry ice, LN2 dry shipper, etc.), including training documentation and shipping resources to sites where necessary
- Participates as a Supply Chain team member for new product development and new product launches.
- Sources and approves the appropriate service providers to handle ambient and temperature controlled shipments in truckload, LTL and air freight. This may include the development of a 3PL for world wide product launches
- Continuous improvement and innovation of the Supply Chain department systems and resources in keeping up with the growth demands of the company
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The candidate must be able to work well independently as well as a member of a team.
Directly supervises employees in the Planning, Purchasing and Warehouse department in support of company objectives. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training of employees; planning, assigning, and directing work that is planned to meet department goals and objectives; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining performance; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position generally requires a Bachelor’s degree, 5-10 years in Supply Chain management, supervisory experience and related experience with biomedical supplies. Warehouse/Receiving operations experience, Certified Purchasing Manager certificate and APICS CPIM certification are a plus. Effective leadership, organizational, negotiation, communication and human relations skills are necessary as role includes coordination of several projects simultaneously, building effective vendor relationships and working closely with department managers and all levels of staff and subordinates. Expertise with ERP systems is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages. Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and accounting software.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
None required. CPM & CPIM certifications are a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in immediate work environment is usually quiet.
All qualified applicants are considered regardless of race, religion, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, nationality, veteran status, disability, or other protected class.