Materials Handler II
Responsible for receiving, shipping, stocking and distributing materials, equipment, and products within established guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Receives all incoming materials from vendors, confirms items received against packing slips and purchase requisitions
- Reports any discrepancies on purchased materials received to Buyer
- Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, style, color, or product code
- Conveys materials and items from receiving to storage or to other designated areas
- Records the receipt of materials ordered on purchase orders in logbooks, Inventory Control cards, Quality documents and in ERP system
- Manages inventory for the warehouse/ lab supply room to ensure sufficient stock levels for daily use are maintained
- Supports and works within the Quality Management System, complies with all documentation needs, practices and Standard Operating Procedures
- Assembles customer kit orders from existing stock, packages, and ships them using parcel freight carriers to the appropriate customers domestically in the US and Internationally. Provides cycle counts and Inventory Control for the material stored in laboratory ambient and temperature controlled storage areas
- Supports Clinical Operations and Research and Development in the creation of custom kit design; including assembly, distribution and documentation for freight carrier arrangements
- Supports the Marketing and Sales departments in the distribution of company promotional information, packages and employee mail to the field Sales force
- Supports the Client Services department in sending out communications and patient sample kits to collaborating sites and services providers
- Transports materials and documents to and from Prometheus’s Manufacturing facility using company vehicle
- Operates and manages the company mailings through internal Postal Center and daily processing of Lab Reports, Billing Statements and Patient Notices
- Delivers samples to the Laboratory
- Stocks copy paper as needed for all company printers
- Operates forklift
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Generally requires a high school diploma and 3-5 years experience in materials operations in a similar environment in a life sciences industry or a combination of education, training and experience may be considered. AA degree preferred. At least.1+ years of warehouse experience in a GMP environment. Experience with transportation logistics both domestic and international shipping required. Strong understanding with cycle counting, physical inventory and documentation practices. Demonstrated flexibility to changing priorities-must be highly productive, have great attention to detail, team-oriented. Must have a valid CDL with a clean driving record. Must possess or have the ability to obtain and maintain a forklift license.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; use hands to handle/feel; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; to stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, potentially infectious bodily fluids, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected class.