Head of Marketing
Manages all aspects of marketing plans and programs for the targeted medical specialty.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops and manages brand strategies and tactics.
- Oversees market analysis, monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs.
- Interprets and translates scientific clinical data into commercial implications.
- Primary liaison with other internal departments and sales force personnel.
- Manages relationship, budgets, and projects with vendors.
- Leads the Product LifeCycle Team (PLT), and represents the brand within the Promotional Review Committee (PRC).
- Establishes and manages product life cycle plans.
- Leads Key Opinion Leader (KOL) strategy including ad boards.
- Plans and oversees execution of activities for trade shows.
- Leads content development and implementation of medical education programs.
- Communicates brand performance and strategies effectively to senior management.
- Manages the A&P budget for the brand.
- Provides commercial assessments on business development oncology opportunities.
- Collaborates jointly with Strategic Analytics to develop product forecasts.
- Participates with Business Development activities as appropriate.
- Participates in collaboration with Sales, Strategic Analytics and Sales Operations in sales incentive compensation planning.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
This job may have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of medical product marketing experience or an MBA with 11+ years of experience. A minimum number of years experience in particular medical specialty areas may be required. MBA is highly desired. Additional desired experiences include: sales, sales leadership, diagnostic marketing, advertising agency and/or market research. Degree of experience may allow for flexibility in required years of experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected class.