Director, Financial Planning
As Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) you will serve as a key member of the financial leadership team, working with senior business and functional leaders. You will be responsible for leading financial planning, developing a comprehensive understanding of all key business drivers and sophisticated financial models that enable the team to deliver insightful, valuable analysis across the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead the long-term and near term financial planning process, partnering with business leaders to shape business priorities and develop financial plans to execute against those priorities. Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that link to strategic objectives. Elevate strategic issues early and drive to resolution.
- Develop and monitor the company’s annual budget and monthly forecasts. Develop forecast models and then drive towards achievement of those forecasts, in partnership with various other functional and corporate teams on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Be a business partner to department and company management, providing proactive reporting and analysis and interpretation of key performance indicators including all revenue and expense drivers, cash flow forecasting and ad hoc needs for management’s monthly reviews of budget vs. actual with departmental managers. Present these reports to, and agree actions plans with, management.
- Partner with senior leadership to identify and execute actions that drive profitable growth, improve operational efficiencies and increase productivity.
- Proactively identify, structure and deliver value-added analysis and contribute to cross functional projects in support of the business
- Lead projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure, including influence and oversight on the overall architectural approach, management reporting approach, and production/automation of reporting and analytics.
- Support the monthly accounting close process with detailed monthly financial analyses.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Position generally requires a Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) with degree in business and preferable in accounting or finance and 10+ years of finance experience with a strong record of career progression in finance and business analysis. Heavy exposure to strategy, strategic planning and business groups is a big plus. Familiarity with life sciences industry strongly preferred. In-depth knowledge of Adaptive Insights (Planning) software is desired. Ability work well in a dynamic team environment with evolving responsibilities is required. Must have experience in financial statement analysis and have a strong understanding of corporate finance concepts. The ability to present complex information in a usable format to a diverse audience and the ability to deliver time-sensitive analyses in a fast paced environment required. Requires the ability to meet the highest standards of accuracy and precision, to work independently and adhere to set deadlines, strong initiative and ability to manage multiple projects. Also requires exceptional analytical skills; understanding of GAAP accounting and financial reporting preferred. Superior Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, analytical and data modeling skills necessary.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of leaders or employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discount, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected class.