DevOps Engineer, Principal 1
Join us as a Software Engineer, Principal 1 at our Hyderabad, India Office.
- Play critical role in transforming the legacy tools, frameworks with modern and state of art tools to ease the development and maintenance.
- Standardize common modern tool stack and help the engineers to improve the productivity. Partner and collaborate with other SMEs and stakeholders to drive and deliver the results.
- Design and develop high-performing, scalable, and fault tolerant DevOps infrastructure.
- Design and build CI/CD pipelines using Terraform, Packer, Ansible on Github and ClearCase.
- Work closely with Engineering teams to ensure the reliability and health of the supported infrastructure and applications.
- Exhibit strong QA mindset and contribute to test framework design and development. Adopt relevant QA automation frameworks, tools and practises to help the rapid product delivery with quality.
- Establish end-to-end QA test inventory and optimize pipelines to achieve faster feedback cycles.
- Ability to create automation scripts for any repetitive tasks.
- Propose and implement continuous improvement activities.
- Mentor junior engineers in the team.
- Expand the capacity and performance of current operational systems.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Provide support for production deployments and maintenance.
- Demonstrate ability to deliver results on time with high quality.
- BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area 7+ years of DevOps experience.
- Strong experience with building and supporting highly available infrastructure on any of the inhouse platforms like vSphere, Nutanix and public cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP. Experience in managing AWS, Azure cloud environments. Experience with vSphere infrastructure.
- Proven ability to manage build and release engineering activities.
- Experience with Make and C based builds, and modern build technologies like Gradle, and related dependency management systems like Jfrog Artifactory.
- Experience building infrastructure using Terraform, Packer ,Ansible/Chef/Puppet.
- Expertise with CI/CD tools like Teamcity, Jenkins, Circle CI, Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Experience with modern automation frameworks(Selenium WebDriver, pytest, Cypress etc.)
- Proven track record of contributing to QA automation, modernizing and optimizing pipelines.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher and/or other orchestration tools.
- Experience with Github and Clercase. Prior experience of migrating VCS from Clearcase to Github is a big plus.
- Strong scripting skills with Python, Shell and/or Perl scripting.
- An independent self-starter with a willingness to learn new things through experimentation and research
- Familiar with Linux systems management and internals.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with engineering teams.
- Good understanding of Agile software development principles including using common tools such as JIRA.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage Leave, Casual Leave, Maternity Leave, Paternity Leave
- Premium Group Medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents, Personal Accident Insurance coverage, Life Insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!