Senior Software Engineer I/II in Test
This position requires the candidate to have extensive knowledge and experience in building test automation for complex product features and components. If you are interested in dealing with a wide variety of products and technologies this role is for you!
Senior SDET (Senior Software Development Engineer in Test) will be responsible for the day to day testing of builds and major releases of products through automated and manual test procedures. They will work closely with the Engineering Manager, Program Manager, Development Engineers, to develop test strategies, test plans and new tests for new and existing product features.
The ideal candidate is required to:
- Work in a dynamic agile environment and be dedicated to getting the job done.
- Design, Develop, maintain and expand the automated tests
- Define the test process and maintain and improve test infrastructure
- Assist support in reproducing customer’s issues
- Daily triage of failed tests and creating reproducible test cases for development engineers.
- Work on multiple platforms, which includes Windows, Linux & Unix
- Work with Engineering tools such as GitHub, Perforce, TeamCity, Collaborator, Jenkins, Sonarqube, and Purify.
- Work with Code analysis tools such as Veracode, PREfast, and AppScan
The ideal candidate is required to have:
- A BTech/MTech degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Software Development and Testing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing Test Frameworks and Test Automation in C/C++, C#. Experience in Java will have an added advantage.
- Experience in testing products on multiple operating systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, MacOS)
- Knowledge of scripting language (VBScript/Perl/UNIX shell scripting)
- Experience with automated GUI testing
- Experience building CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) Pipeline
- Experience with File Transfer Products and Email products is desirable
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!