Senior Software Engineer (DevOps Engineer)
We’re Progress - we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. We are looking for Senior Software Engineer with strong experience in Development Operations to support product engineering team with tools and process that enables continuous development and delivery.
DataDirect team provides world class data connectivity solutions for relational databases, big data sources and cloud data source. The development operations team is part of the product engineering team, and provides support and enablement for continuous development and delivery.
As a member of the team your responsibilities will include:
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible.
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Provide administration and support of Development Windows and Linux infrastructure, providing consistency and synchronization across server platforms and integrating other infrastructure components.
- Integrating security practices and tool to build pipe to ensure we are delivery high quality solutions with no security risks.
- Create and maintain support documentation providing peers and users with a repository of technical “how to” documentation. Follow documented processes and procedures to create and achieve a common standard.
- Strong verbal and communication skills. Will work closely with different development teams to understand key needs and business drivers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance as well as part of a team.
- Strong understanding and experience operating in an agile development environment.
То be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with 5-6 years of relevant experience
- Strong background of Unix/Linux and windows administration experience.
- Proficient in scripting or programming languages such as PowerShell, C++/Java, or Python.
- Strong Knowledge in CI/CD tool like Teamcity or Jenkins
- Strong experience in working with tools like Jira, Confluence, TeamCity, Artifactory, veracode and GitHub.
- Experience in managing AWS or Azure environments.
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc).
- Exposure to containers (vSphere integrated containers, Docker).
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave ,Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,Personal accident insurance coverage,Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!