Customer Success Manager
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Customer Success Manager in our Morrisville, NC office
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our growing Customer Success (CS) team to make an immediate impact for our customers at Progress. As a Customer Success Manager, you will work proactively with a growing number of Progress Software strategic Enterprise Customers and/or Partners and will serve as their primary point of contact to help them to see and create the value they are aspiring to achieve (and ideally, beyond), through successful onboarding and adoption of our products and future growth. This will lead to increased revenue, decreased churn, customer retention, while fostering a positive customer experience and ensuring customer satisfaction. If you're a fast learner and passionate about helping customers achieve success, we want to hear from you!
What You’ll Do in This Role:
- Act as trusted advisor for our customers and invest in the time to develop and enhance relationships with key stakeholders to earn the "trusted advisor" status where needed.
- Lead customers through post-sales customer journey by leveraging your understanding of the customer’s or partner’s business strategies, with a focus on product adoption and customer business goals and key initiatives.
- Work with customers to ensure the successful onboarding and implementation of newly purchased products or releases, while coordinating all activities associated.
- Coordinate with the appropriate internal subject matter experts to communicate complex technical concepts to audiences at all levels within an organization
- Focus on and understand the business challenges customers are looking to solve and craft, prescribe, and help to drive solutions to meet those challenges.
- Proactively reach out to customers who aren’t calling you to see how else you can help them be successful; drive adoption, identify expansion and add-on opportunities, and have a “good finger on the pulse” for each account.
- Work with other internal resources to coordinate/facilitate high level demos, workshops, and training sessions to educate customers on current features based on best practices and provide visibility into current vs. future product features and capabilities.
- Maintain a repository of critical customer information and feedback you learned through interactions with customers for product improvement to feed it back to the product, technical support, marketing, and sales teams.
- Navigate and engage other internal cross-functional groups across Progress as necessary to facilitate the removal of any complex technical barriers to the adoption of additional product features and/or functionality.
- Consult with customers on best practices to increase value and ROI and gain an understanding of their definition of success.
- Successfully create opportunities for reference accounts among assigned customers.
- Hold quarterly internal account reviews to discuss status of the product(s), technical challenges or future adoption of additional features.
- Review and report monthly on what's completed from last review sessions, and any outstanding items and/or additional items.
- Maintain clear records of the business case built for customers, including documentation of the relationships, to maximize renewal/upsell rates and execute a smooth renewal process.
- Monitor customer health and rank ordering customers by likelihood to upgrade to current versions. Track product adoption through features used.
- Be a primary point of escalation contact for targeted customers.
- Conduct site visits as needed and build strong relationships with key stakeholders and executives to naturally grow revenue and increase customer satisfaction.
- Assist in attaining Progress Customer Support's customer satisfaction goals by proactively meeting customer needs and addressing customer concerns before they affect customer satisfaction.
- Support Account Management team in maximizing the revenue protected via renewals and any new revenue generated from upsells or cross-sells.
- Work closely with Account Manager to help close additional sales at assigned customers by identifying opportunities to increase Progress licensing
To Be Successful in This Role, We Need Someone Who Has:
- Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree, or its equivalent
- 4 years of experience working in a client-facing role (support, sales, account management, customer success, etc.) with a track record of driving initiatives independently and collaboratively to deliver on customer projects and improve customer satisfaction
- Ability to keep accurate, detailed records of activity in CRM (Salesfore.com experience preferred)
- Experience working with technology integrations and facilitating communication between services, engineering and business teams
- Strong communication, listening, presentation, and meeting facilitation skills to interact with all levels of customers, business managers, end users, software developers, and architects (includes senior executives)
- Demonstrated business acumen with the ability to identify the right approach to problems and making informed decisions
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and work cross-functionally in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- High levels of integrity and initiative, energetic and motivated
- Resourceful, adaptable, goal oriented, and willing to tackle challenges
- Ability to influence development activities
- Working knowledge of other Progress Software products a PLUS.
- Travel requirement for this position: 10%-20%
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!