Software Engineer , DevOps
We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C Chef Release Engineering team as a Software Engineer , Devops for our team in Bangalore , India (remote is an option)
In Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practice. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
Our Core C Release Engineering team operates at the nexus of a highly distributed engineering organization responsible for over one hundred individual open-source software projects. The tools, service, patterns, and practices we develop provide the entire organization with a best in breed Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) experience. Using our homegrown Expeditor orchestrator, we've developed a pattern of "Release Process as Code" which empowers our engineering teams to quickly and reliably ship amazing products to our customers on the cadence that is appropriate to them.
What You’ll Do:
- Build, maintain, and improve upon the code used to manage our complex collection of build, test, and release pipelines.
- Gather requirements from engineering teams and build ephemeral product environments for demo, dev, and testing purposes.
- Use various forms of automation to keep our CI/CD infrastructure up to date with the latest tools, languages, and security fixes.
Who You Are:
- You have 2+ years of hands-on experience with CI/CD tooling. Experience with Buildkite is a plus.
- You have 2+ years of hands-on experience maintaining AWS infrastructure including EC2, VPC, and Cloudformation. Experience with Azure and GCP is a plus.
- You have 2+ years of hands-on experience maintaining Terraform and Packer code bases. Experience building/maintaining Terraform and/or Packer plugins is a plus.
- You have hands-on experience writing testable Ruby and Go code.
- You have hands-on experience with various forms of hypervisor virtualization such as Virtualbox and VMWare. Experience with Veertu Anka is a plus.
- You are comfortable writing complex but maintainable Bash and Powershell scripts.
- You are familiar with secrets management tools such as Hashicorp Vault and Akeyless.
- You exemplify a user-centric approach to problem solving. You ensure that any solution is understandable by non-technical individuals but maintains quality code standards.
- You enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote first environment.
- You are invested in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices. Experience with the Chef product suite (Infra Client, InSpec, Habitat, Automate, etc.) is a plus.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!