Software Engineer, Senior 1
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Software Engineer, Senior 1 in our Core A product group in our Hyderabad, India.
As a member of the team you will be expected to:
- Crack and/or come up with solutions to complex business/technical problems & challenges.
- Passion for software development, debugging and problem-solving. We are seeking engineers who want to work across technologies and development environments/languages.
- Flexibility to work in any area and technology depending upon the need.
- Fast learner who can pick up any technologies quickly and apply at work.
- Work in a dynamic agile environment and be dedicated to getting the job done.
- Design, Develop, maintain the complex system
- Deliver on key committed features timely with high quality
- Influence software design to maximize usability, testability and automation potential by representing the ‘customer’ when testing a feature, suggest improvements when appropriate
- Work on multiple platforms, which includes Windows, Linux & Unix
- Review technical specifications create test plans and customer-facing documentation
- Work on engineering excellence items like implementing CI/CV and implementing new frameworks
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, including daily stand-ups and sprint reviews
То be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent
- Very strong and solid programming fundamentals and skills in Java, Gradle, Maven.
- You have in-depth experience in object-oriented programming (Java, J2EE, Tomcat, Spring or other MVC framework),
- Experience in Apache Tomcat server, Apache tomcat, Java, Apache Httpd Projects.
- Experience in Java and any build system is mandatory
- Good understanding of data structures and OO design
- Discipline at unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- Passion or desire to participate in pair programming
- Strong technical and debugging skills
- Development experience in designing, developing, deploying, testing of enterprise-grade applications.
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic and virtual working environment
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Experience with tools like GIT and TeamCity
- Experience with CI/CD/CT (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment/Continuous Testing)
- Worked as part of a Scrum team and understand Agile methodologies
- Ability to learn new technologies independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude towards continuous improvement
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave , Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave.
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!