We’re Progress - we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that are reliable, secure, and easy to use. We have earned the trust of our customers by solving their business challenges for 40 years. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins.
Join us as Software Architect in the OpenEdge Product team.
The right candidate must be highly motivated, collaborative, be quality conscious with strong attention to detail, and exhibits a history of achievement and flexibility to wear multiple hats to get the job done. The candidate should be prepared to work closely with the team to develop cutting-edge products that ship on time and are of the highest level of quality and security that Progress customers expect.
As a member of the team you will be expected to:
If you are interested in being a part of the Progress team, please reach out to us!
The ideal candidate is required to:
- Produce technical design specifications and guidance to the appropriate detail, acting as an advisor to large technical or product zones
- Understand scalability and performance in terms of, systems, services, and infrastructure architecture
- Provide a vision of the core framework of technology services and the components for your product which enable reuse by the technology teams
- Participate collaboratively with scrum team members and product owners to groom initiatives in line with the larger technology priorities and engineering excellence goals such as stability, quality, performance, etc.
- Liaise with the senior business leaders and tech leaders to ensure alignment of R&D goals that help deliver business outcomes
- Provide design and architectural guidance and governance in delivering software components and services that are secure & have higher performance
- Coach, mentor, and inspire all levels of developers and Architects as needed, collaborating with their managers on areas of career development and growth
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, including daily stand-ups and sprint reviews
The ideal candidate is required to have:
- Tech/M.Tech.,Computer Science or related fields
- 12-15years of experience in Software Engineering roles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in building products in Java & C++
- Experience in cryptographic protocols like SSL/TLS, authentication protocols like Kerberos, OAuth2, SAML
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise-level software (from writing code to architecture to writing code
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic and virtual working environment
- Experience with designing products that are supported on multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux, and Unix.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, Casual Leave, Maternity leave, Paternity Leave.
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!