Product Marketing Manager
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Product Marketing Manager for our Chef product group.
Progress Software’s Chef business is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to play a vital role in telling our story to the business audience. Chef, a pioneer in the DevSecOps space, was acquired by Progress in October of 2020, and we are excited to continue building market momentum.
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for creating collateral, overseeing focused marketing campaigns, building and delivering presentations, and more across the Chef portfolio. The role is an excellent fit for technology marketers and content creators looking to deepen their product marketing skills and help define how our products are positioned and sold. You will strive to understand the target audience and their pain points, then link Chef’s unique value proposition and competitive differentiators to position us for market growth.
- Create compelling, well-researched, high-quality content for publication online, in print, and via other media
- Help shape market messaging for the business and drive messaging accuracy and consistency across the organization
- Apply industry best practices and familiarity with Chef’s mission to inspire ideas and content
- Follow an editorial calendar, collaborating with other members of the content production team to ensure timely delivery of materials
- Monitor and analyze the performance of key performance indicators (KPIs) to offer suggestions for improvement
- Work with product marketing leads, customers, and partners to understand their needs and articulate product capabilities and value
- Build and maintain a strong collaborative partnership with product management, engineering, sales, marketing, and other functions across the business
- 4+ years in content writing, sales enablement, product marketing or similar roles
- Proven record of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio
- An impeccable grasp of the English language, including idioms and current trends in slang and expressions
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management
- Ability to work on multiple projects with different objectives simultaneously
- Strong verbal communication skills, including an engaging presentation style
- An ability to collaborate effectively across functions and organizations
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!