Senior Technical Support Engineer I/II
We’re Progress –we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Technical Support Engineer for our OpenEdge technical support team.
In this very technical role you will be a part of a product team and will be helping customers troubleshoot, develop and deploy bleeding-edge business solutions. You’ll be given the opportunity to learn the OpenEdge platform inside-out and will be working with some of the world’s leading Fortune 500 companies. As you work hand-in-hand with our customers, you’ll be among the first to hear their direct product feedback and will have the chance to influence the product roadmap.
As our support is legendary and we pride ourselves for it, we are only looking for the best of the best. So are you ready to join us?
To be successful in this role you need to:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems with 2-4 years’ experience
- Basic programming experience or knowledge of programming languages/technologies
- Basic analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issues
- Excellent communication skills including customer service skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and maintain attention to details
- Knowledge/experience with Windows, UNIX and Linux
- Knowledge/experience working with databases ,OpenEdge will be preferred
- Be willing to learn new technologies and eager to constantly improve your technical skills
- Be a great listener, have the ability to dig deep into an issue and have the skills to effectively troubleshoot and communicate with customers and colleagues
What you will be doing most of the time:
- Take ownership and manages customer cases and customer expectations effectively and professionally
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers to determine expectations for resolutions and provides workarounds to product defects
- Conduct research and troubleshoot using a variety of resources, including documentation, Knowledge Base, bug database, source code, and interact with the world wide technical and field teams via Community forums
- Run customer test cases when available, and develop test cases and examples as required
- Work with client development projects to examine their problems and propose an appropriate solution - could be the case you come out with an extremely innovative solution which turns into a product/ feature implementation
- Liaise our customers with the product team - communicate bug reports and feature requests
- Come up with ideas for technical content – demos, blog posts, or anything that might be helpful for both current and potential customers
Work Timings: 12:30 PM - 9:30 PM (IST)
Progress® OpenEdge® platform offers a complete, out-of-the-box solution for developing, integrating, and managing business applications offered as a service or on-premise. It is an integrated development environment that helps build high-performance multi-platform systems.
If you are looking for:
- A chance to join a team and a company globally recognized for its cutting edge products
- A constant stream of exciting challenges and a broad range of resources to solve them
- Informal, friendly and knowledge-sharing environment with open communication and smart people around you
- An opportunity for professional and personal growth enhanced through a large library, development programs, trainings and regular performance assessment
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave ,Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,Personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!