Product Marketing Manager
We are looking for an experienced Product Marketing professional to join our marketing team and help with the design and execution of the go-to-market strategy for our .NET product line. In that role, you will be responsible for building and telling the story to both internal and external audiences in a way that will drive awareness and create significant demand.
The Product Marketing Manager possesses a unique blend of business and technical skills, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. The right candidate will be passionate about spending time in the market to understand its problems and find innovative solutions for the broader markets that Progress intends to capture. An energetic, strategic thinker with a bias towards action and results will enjoy a successful career on our product marketing team.
This is what you would be doing most of the time:
- Collaborate with Product Marketers and Product Managers to define GTM strategy and comprehensive product marketing plans for our offerings
- Drive customer insight programs to uncover requirements and market data that will help guide product management efforts and customize the message for each particular audience
- Refine product positioning and messaging on public-facing properties such as websites
- Evangelize the market strategy to customers, partners, staff, analysts and press
- Measure the effectiveness of product marketing programs and owning the customer acquisition funnel
- Deliver thought-leadership content via industry events, blogs, videos and other outlets
- Created compelling presentations and strategies to enable the Progress sales team to be even more productive
- Analyze and refine the customer journey to best match buyer personas and their preferred purchasing processes
- Work collaboratively with Product Management, Corporate Marketing, Demand Generation, and Developer Relations teams to orchestrate content and drive profitability
To be successful in this role you shall have:
- Solid understanding of the desktop and mobile application development market, trends and competitors
- Knowledge of the .NET market
- Profound marketing knowledge – strategic planning, gathering and using market data to evaluate new markets, personas, creation of GTM strategies, competitors strategies (Blue ocean tactics), consumer insights marketing
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English and an ability to tailor communication styles to different audiences, e.g. technical developers, less technical marketing managers, and external customer/partner audiences
- Experience in working with marketing tools such as Google Analytics, Eloqua, Mailchimp, Salesforce and alike
- Experience in direct and indirect routes to market is a must
- Evidence of leadership capabilities for both a direct team and virtual teams that deliver high impact, creative and innovative results to drive the company’s top line growth
- Ability to travel for industry conferences and customer visits when needed
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
- And many other perks
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you!
Progress is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building a versatile environment for all our employees.
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!