Senior Software Engineer I
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Software Engineer I in our Core A product group in Hyderabad, India.
The Core A development team currently has an opening for a Senior Software Engineer in one of our OpenEdge teams. The right candidate must be highly motivated, collaborative, be quality conscious with strong attention to detail, and exhibits a history of achievement and flexibility to wear multiple hats to get the job done. Engineers should have a strong coding (C++, Java) foundation that they can use to bridge to other projects.
Team members that will be the most successful are those that are comfortable with ambiguity, love new challenges (and working outside their comfort zone), and want to build out/extend their portfolio of skills. Team members should be comfortable with blended roles (Development, QA, CI/CV/CD) and should look for ways to make their team better.
What you will do in this role:
- Crack and/or come up with solutions to complex business/technical problems & challenges.
- Passion for software development, debugging and problem-solving. We are seeking engineers who want to work across technologies and development environments/languages.
- Flexibility to work in any area and technology depending upon the need.
- Fast learner who can pick up any technologies quickly and apply them at work.
- Learn how to learn and identify new tools/processes that will uplift our ability to execute
- Deliver on key committed features timely with high quality
- Collaborate closely with your team to solve meaningful problems by reverse engineering complex code and applying targeted changes.
- Create manual and automated tests
- Perform regression and performance testing before releases are shipped to customers
- Participate in Agile ceremonies, including daily stand-ups and sprint reviews
То be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong Java development skills with Multi-threading concepts (& openness to learn other technologies)
- Solid understanding of design principles
- You have in-depth experience in object-oriented programming
- Experience in Java and basic understanding of databases, sql is mandatory
- Good understanding of data structures and OO design
- Good to have groovy experience.
- Discipline at unit, integration, and acceptance testing
- Passion or desire to participate in pair programming
- Strong technical and debugging skills
- Development experience in designing, developing, deploying, testing of enterprise-grade applications.
- A team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic and virtual working environment
- Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Experience with tools like GIT and TeamCity
- Experience with CI/CD/CT (Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment/Continuous Testing)
- Worked as part of a Scrum team and understand Agile methodologies
- Ability to learn new technologies independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude towards continuous improvement
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, Casual Leave, Maternity leave, Paternity Leave.
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!