Business Development Representative
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Business Development Representative for our Chef product group in our Seattle, WA location.
In our Chef Product Group (now part of Progress Software), we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
The BDR position is responsible for qualifying new business by phone, email and social media channels and setting up Qualified Appointments for Sales Closing Reps. As the first point of contact with prospective customers, the Business Development Representative has full responsibility for delivering a positive customer experience that will set the stage for continued engagement and growing interest in Progress technology and expertise.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Manage inbound sales requests received via web, email, and phone
- Review, contact, and qualify marketing-generated leads while adhering defined SLA
- Outbound prospecting into Named Accounts to build Sales pipeline
- Collaborate with sales managers and sales teams to refine sales strategies and approaches
- Maintain and update Salesforce.com to accurately track all activities
- Use tools like DiscoverOrg, LinkedIn Sales Navigator to identify decision makers who can utilize Progress solutions
- Follow a process driven sales model, which includes prospecting activities and qualifying leads through a BANT approach
- Uncover customer needs using a solution sales approach
- Articulate to customers the business and technical benefits of Progress solutions
- Identify customer need that is mapped to an existing Feature Set
- Set discovery meeting appointments for Sales Closing Team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and a successful track record in end-to-end sales cycle targets
- Highly motivated self-starter with ability to drive business independently
- Demonstrated over achievement of past goals
- Working knowledge of SalesForce.com / or other CRM Tools
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong phone, interpersonal, and communication skills (written and verbal)
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!