Principal Software Engineer - Chef Infrastructure Management (Ruby)
We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Chef Product Group us as a Principal Software Engineer for our team in our Bengaluru, India office, or work remotely from another suitable location in India.
In our Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale. We work with the latest in cloud and container technologies and have the opportunity not just to follow, but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are good that the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with internal stakeholders of the project including product management, UX, other teams, and customers to improve the Chef Infra Client project
- Help define the future of the Chef Infra Client project
- Contribute new features and maintain the Chef Infra Client project
- Lead, coach, and inspire your team to deliver quality software
- Own and improve the complete testing experience for Chef Infra
- Build testing pipelines to validate software changes in complex environments
- Collaborate with the robust community of contributors to the Chef product suite
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum of 8 years of team-based software development experience
- You have deep experience with Windows, Linux, and familiarity with macOS systems
- You have collaborated on open source projects in the past
- You have demonstrable software development skills (Ruby preferred)
- You have experience with Cloud technologies and providers such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and VMware vSphere
- You are curious like to learn new things and have a passion for building awesome products
- You believe quality is part of the process and not an afterthought - we are well-rounded engineers, not developers who handoff to QA
- You enjoy collaborating closely with customers and internal engineering teams to understand their complex issues, solve their problems and elicit frequent feedback on the solutions you provide
- Experience as a systems administrator is a huge plus
- Experience with Containers technologies such as Docker a plus
- Experience with Chef Infra or other configuration management tools a plus
More about benefits:
If this sounds like the right career opportunity for you, we’d be happy to talk! What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity, and paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans.
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!