Senior Human Capital Generalist
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins.
Our Human Capital Team is expanding, and we are seeking a Senior Human Capital Generalist to join our team! The ideal person will have a passion for people, operational excellence, business minded, and overall delivering an exceptional employee experience for the employees who reside in the United States, Canada, and CALA. While this role will have a regional focus, there will also be times when this person will be involved in global projects.
If you thrive in an "all hands-on deck" and fast paced environment, love solving people problems and can pivot quickly, we want to chat with you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Partner with local managers and the global Human Capital team to roll out key people processes in the Americas (compensation, benefits, development programs, etc.).
- Create and improve existing local processes, policies, and guidelines related to Human Capital.
- Point of contact for employees and managers on regional questions and issues.
- Oversee the execution of Human Capital compliance projects (EEO-1, AA, VET) and support compliance and audit requests from internal and external auditors; may lead and conduct external research.
- Manage the entire immigration process. Will be the primary point of contact for our employees, managers, and outside counsel on all matters related to immigration.
- In partnership with legal, responsible for resolving complex employee relations cases including terminations; able to track, report, and analyze case trends to recommend programs/initiatives to address common themes.
- Collaborate with other functions on regional related projects such as office moves, audit, payroll, tax, etc.
- Facilitate different types of trainings for the region such as career conversations, compensation training, new manager assimilations (NMAP), leadership development courses.
- Maintain and apply an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance; maintaining personnel files, and partnering with legal department as needed/required.
- Organize various internal employee experience events ranging from team buildings, open doors, thought leadership sessions, and many more.
- Maintaining and administering changes and requests in our HRIS system (Workday) and ensuring data integrity from a local perspective.
- Collaborate with our COE’s on different initiatives and programs such as employer branding, talent management programs, compensation planning, and orientation sessions for employees and managers
- May be involved on the regional side when Progress acquires companies. This may include but is not limited to creation of offer letters, onboarding/offboarding meetings, providing on the ground support, and ordering employer branding materials.
- Oversee the relocation program for the Americas region
- Extensive HC generalist experience, preferably in a complex, multinational technology organization
- Strong understanding of employment law; preferably with a PHR/SPHR certification
- Demonstrated ability to effectively identify, analyze, and proactively provide recommendations and resolve complex situations in conjunction with business leaders
- You are business minded and are effectively able to balance between the employee and business needs.
- Comfortable influencing situational outcomes and decisions across a diverse set of employee, manager and leadership styles
- Solid written and verbal communication skills, including strong presentation/facilitation to all levels of the organization
- Minimum of 2 years' experience managing immigration cases including Green cards, Permanent Residents, H-1B, TN, L-1 and student visas
- You enjoy building partnerships with managers, employees, and HC colleagues
- You strive for operational excellence (management of process and programs, champions continuous improvement, drives results)
- High attention to detail & results-oriented
- Demonstrated success collaborating in a fast-paced environment working with a remote and distributed workforce
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Occasional travel to other office locations in the Americas region required
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!