Senior Director, Total Rewards and HRIS
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Director, Total Rewards and HRIS in our Bedford, MA location.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Sets the direction and strategy for the Global Compensation domain and Workday application within Human Capital to align with and achieve Human Capital (HC) and company wide objectives (including employee engagement, positive employee experience, fiscal responsibility, global alignment)
- Defines Compensation and Workday projects and initiatives to address employee experience, talent attraction, motivation and retention objectives, and monitors progress on an ongoing basis
- Manages and is fully accountable for the workload, priorities, and projects of the Compensation and Workday teams, including the direct management of specialized Compensation and Workday/HRIS Analysts
- Develops, modifies and executes on Compensation and Workday policies and guidelines (data retention, eligibility, security, etc.)
- Manages a departmental budget and vendor selection/management; partners with 3rd party subject-matter consultants, ensuring business requirements are met and monitors compliance with SLAs
- Responsible for the full life cycle in building and leading an effective and fully engaged team including hiring, developing, coaching, firing and compensation decisions for direct reports
- Partners with and provides expert level consultation to HCBPs, HC generalists and managers of various levels and functions on subject-matter (Compensation and Workday) while carefully balancing best practices with business needs
- Leads cross-HC initiatives to address business challenges
- Examples: developing a job architecture framework (levels and families), mapping all jobs and employees globally, and implementing the new structure and employee job assignments in Workday; Director and above promotion process
- Actively participates in the Human Capital Leadership Team, which sets the direction, objectives and priorities for the Human Capital function, as a representative of Compensation and Workday sub-functions
- Participates in M&As from due diligence through integration, by collaborating cross-functionally with finance to ensure all workforce cost projections are aligned, with managers and leaders to assess incoming employees’ levels in the Progress framework, make compensation packages whole and grant equity where appropriate, and with information technology to guarantee employee access to the necessary business applications from Day One
- Champions open collaboration within the HC function by being a positively successful example of someone who fosters cross-team and cross-functional partnerships
Compensation and Benefits:
- Designs and modifies the global compensation philosophy and fixed pay, short-term variable and long-term variable compensation programs/plans to ensure global alignment, market competitiveness and driving/reinforcement of the right behaviors
- Oversees US benefits and benefits resources. Aligns with regional benefits representatives to ensure global alignment.
- Partners with Regional HC teams to ensure compliance and market competitiveness of all pay programs including allowances, additional months pay, on-call pay, etc.
- Owns the compensation domain including creating, defining and constantly improving compensation processes and articulating the corresponding system specifications to support those programs and processes
- Influences CEO Staff, VP and Senior Director stakeholders in Finance and Legal on proposed changes to compensation programs (structure, design) and policies with the support of thorough costing analyses and models
- Examples: Globally aligned bonus structure with targets set by level, globally aligned equity funding structure tied to levels, bonus payout eligibility policy for paid leaves, simplified India compensation structure, EMEA cease equity vesting policy for terminations/notifications
- Leads the annual total compensation planning process including requirements gathering/understanding the business needs, timeline/communications, training, delivery of the planning tool and approval
- Accountable for the appropriate distribution of the companywide compensation budgets including a $4.5M salary increase budget, $12M annual bonus budget and $20M equity compensation budget
- Delivers annual compensation proposals and relevant analytics to the CEO, CFO, CLO and CTO in person and via email to obtain approval
- Develops compensation materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors including annual grant and off-cycle equity proposals, CEO Pay Ratio and compensation program changes
- Partners with finance/accounting to ensure salary increase forecasting and bonus accruals are aligned with compensation planning budgets, with treasury/equity administration regarding stock based compensation forecasts/expense and equity usage modeling, equity administration vendor selection, equity educational tools, with legal on compliance and Board initiatives including MEPA, GDPR, CEO Pay Ratio, etc.
- Develops, enhances and maintains the global frameworks and processes including the global leveling framework and the Director and Above Promotion Process
- Advises on the most complex as well as senior management/executive level job evaluations and compensation proposals, serves as a gatekeeper for the level evaluation of leadership promotions
- Maximizes the value from this mission-critical application by setting the one- to three-year Workday strategy and roadmap, to make Workday the single global system of record for employee data, improve employee experience and boost employee productivity, to align with HC, IT and business objectives
- Includes determining modules to implement and re-configure, integrations to pursue, etc.
- Primary responsibility is Workday but partners on other HC technologies with potential connections to Workday
- Partners with IT on project management and vendor selection/management as it relates to Workday
- Oversees Workday project execution from start to finish to achieve target scope and meet delivery deadlines with a keen understanding that business needs and system requirements go hand-in-hand
- Partners closely with cross-functional teams to gain deep understanding of process and pain points
- Drives innovation in the HC infrastructure domain by employing design-thinking practices to support HC programs and processes with a goal to facilitate sustainable changes in how HC impacts the business in a positive way
- Leads change management efforts for business-critical system processes; directs the analysis of existing business processes, technical design, identification and evaluation of possible re-configuration/ solutions in response to business issues and challenges
- Challenges current configuration and proposes solutions with the goals of automation, efficiency and consistency
- Directs the implementation and maintenance of a request ticketing tool to streamline the request process, serve as an audit trail and allow for metrics to identify areas where training and documentation are needed to reduce requests
- Serves as the point of escalation for the most critical Workday issues
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:Bachelor’s Degree
Extensive experience in global compensation
Experience in HRIS
Experience managing others
Ability to work directly with CEO and C level executives, along with other departments within an organization
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!