Senior Software Engineer (DevOps Engineer)
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible.
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Provide administration and support of Development Windows and Linux infrastructure, providing consistency and synchronization across server platforms and integrating other infrastructure components.
- Integrating security practices and tool to build pipe to ensure we are delivery high quality solutions with no security risks.
- Create and maintain support documentation providing peers and users with a repository of technical “how to” documentation. Follow documented processes and procedures to create and achieve a common standard.
- Strong verbal and communication skills. Will work closely with different development teams to understand key needs and business drivers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance as well as part of a team.
- Strong understanding and experience operating in an agile development environment.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with 6 to 8 years of relevant experience
- Strong background of Unix/Linux and windows administration experience.
- Proficient in scripting or programming languages such as PowerShell, C++/Java, or Python.
- Strong Knowledge in CI/CD tool like Teamcity or Jenkins
- Strong experience in working with tools like Jira, Confluence, TeamCity, Artifactory, veracode and GitHub.
- Experience in managing AWS or Azure environments.
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools (Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, etc).
- Exposure to containers (vSphere integrated containers, Docker).
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave, Casual leave, Maternity leave, Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents, Personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!