.NET Developer Support Engineer
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins.
Progress is looking for a .NET Developer Support Engineer to join our Document Processing team. In this very technical role, you will be a part of a product team and will be helping customers troubleshoot and develop their applications built with our Document Processing Libraries.
As you work hand-in-hand with our customers' engineering teams, you'll be among the first to hear their direct product feedback and will have the chance to influence the product roadmap. We are developing and supporting products that have been established on the market for 11 years, with tens of thousands of developers regularly using them worldwide.
Creating .NET-based visual UI controls for editing documents in various formats and components for back-end conversion and generation of documents. Our components are used internally by numerous Progress teams, which places us right at the core of the company's popular products like Telerik UI for ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET AJAX, WPF, WinForms, Sitefinity, Xamarin, Blazor, and Kendo UI.
What you will do in this role:
- Work directly with customers to help get their job done. Don't forget, our customers are software developers like us, so this could be a fantastic learning experience
- Debug and investigate customer code, identify bugs and feature requests, and propose workarounds and working solutions
- Fix simple bugs reported by customers
- Create technical documentation, translating internal functional specification to the language of the customers
- Create marketing and developer-oriented demos, code samples, and knowledge base articles
- Write clean, maintainable, and readable code according to the team coding standards
- Think a lot about API design, backward compatibility, and architecture conformance
- Participate in code and API reviews for final polishing of the product
- Work closely with other team members and roles, including developers, to propose functional and API changes, and review functional specifications; QA engineers to confirm the identified issues; product managers to define the scope of the features
To be successful, you'll need:
- Experience with .NET and C#
- Product-oriented mindset
- Strong sense of ownership on the product
- Proactive drive for constant product improvement
- The ability to receive direct feedback from clients
- Excellent time management skills. Ability to commit to both short-term and long-term goals
- To feel comfortable with large codebases. You will have to read and debug a lot of code, both our and clients' code
- Knowledge of software design principles
- Good written and verbal English
- Willingness to learn fast
- Desire to communicate directly with customers (highly technical like us), mainly in written form
What you will get:
- Team of senior engineers which are ready to share their knowledge and help you grow with them
- The opportunity to work in a product team, where your opinion matters
- A constant stream of challenges to solve
- Informal and friendly environment
- A chance to join a company globally recognized for its leading products
- Hands-on product development with a worldwide effect upon millions of people
- Dynamic opportunity for professional growth
- A company with a social and benefits program that allows you to concentrate on your career
We would be happy to hear from you! Apply now!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family, and Health
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones
And most importantly, excellent company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!