Director , Software Engineering
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Director, Software Engineering for our Bangalore ,India team.
Chef Software (now part of Progress Software Corporation) is the industry leader in IT automation and DevOps solutions. We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers and the Chef community. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment. Individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional yet relaxed atmosphere.
With our Chef product group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale. We deploy them against real problems in all kinds of industries. We're writing the rules of the cloud -- rules the world's top engineers live, breathe and contribute to. Our platform is used to enable hundreds of millions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the web applications you use every day are built, deployed, secured, and run with our technologies.
You must possess a great balance between business and technical know-how, and you have the determination to turn your ideas into reality. Your strong architectural and design skills coupled with systematic vision and thought processes will help to bring a global team together to enhance, maintain state of the art products. You desire to lead whole product enablement and Agile efficiencies. Creating the work environment that both attracts and retains top talent is a priority for this leadership role.
As a Director, Software Development, you will be expected to:
- Manage and prioritize the product lifecycle/engineering schedule (operations, release, development) for our Core C portfolio of products
- Direct all engineering processes leveraging Agile approaches
- Elevates the Progress Employer Brand in the Community
- Partner cross functionally to maximize the effectiveness of the technical roadmap for the business and customers as well as for the site
- Balance the creation of new functionality for current and future customer needs, infrastructure management and the elimination of technical debt
- Lead, manage and develop engineering teams that work across a diverse set of systems and languages
- Drive results to deliver enterprise software at scale
- Measure and assess your product-line business to ensure it is on track and executing as planned
- Establish the framework for making impactful technical decisions quickly
- Empower your teams for innovation and customer success
- Ensure key stakeholders understand the needs of development resources
- Ensure the engineering team understands the business direction and how each individual engineer’s work contributes towards the big picture of the product line and company offerings
You will be the person who has:
- 13+ years of experience as a software engineering manager
- Bachelor's / Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or a related field
- Experience with the Scaled Agile Framework (or similar)
- Solid technical experience with DevSecOps, Cloud Compliance, big data technologies and application development approaches
- You have demonstrable deep software development skills in at least one systems development language such as Ruby, Go, Java, Nodejs.
- You have experience with modern technology stacks with a bent for system level software along with extensive experience in one of public cloud like AWS, Azure, GCP
- You have experience with platform development, PaaS, IaaS.
- You have extensive experience in a technology that you're personally excited about, such as distributed systems, container orchestration, or systems automation
- Expert understanding of software development processes and lifecycle
- Demonstrated change and transformation leadership
- Assessed and developed talent to ensure success of the roadmap and our customers
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Continual assessment, refinement, maturation, implementation, and enforcement of engineering standards and best practices
- Ability to deliver high-quality results under aggressive timelines and budgets
- This position requires travel to customer and sales offices globally once things open up (25%)
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!