Senior Customer Architect - Chef
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Customer Architect for our Chef product group working out of your home office in the UK.
In our Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
A Customer Architect (CA) is a technical champion and mentor-coach who drives the adoption of Chef products and practices with our customers. With our customers, at events, and in our online communities, the CA acts as the face of the company. The CA is highly experienced in applying automation to improve business performance. The CA coaches our customers’ technical decision-makers and senior management to identify and prioritize business problems, define measures around these, and plan technical strategies for addressing these problems. Strategies frequently include workflow design and deployment architecture.
What you'll do in this role:
- Lead customers in the application of Chef products and services offerings to meet Customer Business Outcomes. This may include white-boarding and helping design an architecture one day and aiding in overcoming technical and cultural blockers the next!
- Own the technical relationship with a portfolio of accounts, and partner with the other members of the account team (Customer Success Manager, Regional Sales Director, and Solutions Architect) to define and execute account strategy
- Be the customers’ champion inside of Chef, advocating for them with Support, Product, Engineering, and other groups
- Recommend product improvements based on customers’ experiences
- Act as a trusted advisor to customers, staying up to date on the ever-evolving state of technology, including both technology that is inside Chef, and in complementary/competitive fields outside of Chef
- Willingness to learn and a growth mindset may substitute for specific qualifications below - If you have a passion for DevOps, we’d love to meet you, even if you don’t feel you tick every box!
- Extensive demonstrated experience in systems engineering/administration or software development
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a dynamic and engaging presentation style that inspires confidence
- Deep understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery tools and principles
- Experience in using Continuous Delivery practices to release to production
- Demonstrate empathy and understanding of the work engineers, architects, managers, and others do in the building, releasing, and maintaining software
- Experience using Agile and/or Lean techniques, such as Scrum and Kanban
- Familiarity with cloud-native design patterns, microservices, and modern web-scale architectures
- Skill navigating organizations and creating alliances to resolve problems
- Federal level security clearance already in place, or able to obtain it once hired
- This section lists some extra things we’d love to see in candidates, but don’t consider essential:
- Expert-level working knowledge of Chef Software, including Chef Infra Client and Server, Chef InSpec, and/or Chef Habitat
- Experience engaging with the Chef Open Source Community
- Experience with IT Audit and Compliance process and tools
- Yak shaving proficiency
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!