Customer Success Manager
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Customer Success Manager for our team in the Seattle, United States or Work from home US.
In our Core C/ Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
Customer Success Manager is the account manager for post-sales activity for Progress Software’s most strategic and key customers. This role serves as the primary point of contact for these customers. This role will help manage, escalate and facilitate issues for their customers for the complete PSC product family.
This individual contributor role will provide the employee the opportunity to work closely with other members within PSC organization to help resolve issues and build relationships. The CSM is an experienced professional who can work individually but can influence others to provide the premier level of service to our strategic customers.
What you will do in this role :
- Manage a portfolio of customers to drive greater business value and ensuring our customer’s investment is being optimally leveraged
- Support Sales efforts to articulate customer on-boarding experience and success program
- Proactively drive customer adoption and look for opportunities to increase customer loyalty and revenue growth
- Recognize expansion opportunities and effectively qualify them for Sales counterparts to bring to closure
- Improve Customer Experience & Customer Satisfaction by helping them achieve their stated business outcomes
- Lead strategic, cross-functional initiatives such as customer journeys, maturity models, voice-of-customer, and product feedback
- Identify and articulate gaps to goals, capture tactical plans and map out actions to a schedule to drive success.
- Create an actionable environment by identifying and assigning ownership of responsibilities and tasks towards agreed-upon success.
- Maintain relationships with targeted customers through phone conversations and meetings, as well as tracking email and other business conversations.
- Provide technical support for customers to support pre-sales and post-sales processes
- Address all product-related queries on time
- Train customers to use products effectively
- Provide developers with customers’ feedback to help identify potential new features or products
- Report on product performance
- Analyze customers’ needs and suggest upgrades or additional features to meet their requirements
- Liaise with the sales department to win new business and increase sales
- Establish best practices
- Coordinate and facilitate all necessary customer support, services, and related communications during the post-sales life cycle of the account.
- Be a primary point of escalation contact for targeted customers.
- Expedite resolutions to questions, concerns, bugs, and enhancements by acting as the 1st line of defence. In case of deeper technical questions, coordinating and utilizing technical and business resources within Progress to address customer challenges.
- Hold quarterly internal account reviews to discuss status of account and future business opportunities.
- Provide monthly reports to the Global Field Operations team on the status of assigned customers.
- Provide periodic status reports and conference calls with assigned customers to communicate the state of open support issues or on-going projects.
- Maintain repository of critical customer information in order to disseminate this information to all Progress Software employees.
- Visit on-site at customer offices to work with developers, project managers, and mid- to high-level decision-makers to discuss their support and services needs, understand their business, prospect for new business in their company, and generally garner goodwill.
- Coordinate education and training for existing products, enhancements, and new releases for customers.
- Assist in attaining Progress Customer Support’s customer satisfaction goals by proactively meeting customer needs and addressing customer concerns before they affect customer satisfaction.
- Work closely with the Progress Global Field Organization to help close additional sales at assigned customers by identifying opportunities to increase Progress licensing.
To be successful in this role we need someone who has :
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) with 4+ years of account management experience.
- Experience with Enterprise-class applications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage technical projects.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent tasks while maintaining a high level of detail.
- Effectively manage and grow existing enterprise customer and partner relationships by delivering best of class support.
- Good team player but able to work under own initiative.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Travel requirement for this position: 20%
BENEFITS:Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!