Software Engineer II [Ruby Developer]
We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C/ Chef Product Group us as a Software Developer for our team in Bangalore, India / remote is an option.
Software Development Engineer - Compliance
The Compliance team is a highly technical group responsible for designing and building innovative compliance solutions and integrations. Our products ensure Chef customers can easily achieve continuous compliance across the spectrum of operating systems, applications, databases, clouds and container-based environments. We are in the process of building a Cloud offering of Chef Compliance
What you'll do:
- Build integrations for our scanning and remediation offerings with new and existing infrastructure providers such as AWS/Azure/GCP and other clouds such as AliCloud/IBM Cloud/Oracle Cloud etc.
- Contribute to the development of the Chef Compliance Cloud product.
- Work on issues and drive improvements to our compliance offerings that are critical to the success of Chef’s customers and the broader Chef community
- Who you are (Our ideal candidate will have some or all of these qualifications):
You’ll have software development skills, with experience in Ruby,
- Expertise with Linux and Windows operations and networking
- You are comfortable with frameworks and can demonstrate deep knowledge in at least one technology stack
- Previous experience (2+ years) as a software engineer in a cloud environment
- Hands on experience developing or migrating or managing Cloud infra – AWS/Azure/GCP or other clouds like IBM/Oracle/AliCloud
- Experience with at least one of - Google Cloud Platform, Azure or AWS clouds.
- Optional - Experience with Chef Ecosystem - Chef Compliance Inspec and/or Chef Automate
- Desirable - Experience with test automation engineer or devops engineer will help with understanding the dev-sec-ops space and Inspec product
- Desirable – Understanding/Experience of Information Security / Network security
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science or related discipline.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave, casual leave, maternity leave, paternity leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for the employee and 5 dependents, personal accident insurance coverage, life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to yoga, Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!