Software Engineer, Principal- Chef
We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C Chef Release Engineering team as a Software Developer, Senior / Principal for our remote US based team.
Our Core C Release Engineering team operates at the nexus of a highly distributed engineering organization responsible for over one hundred individual open-source software projects. The tools, service, patterns, and practices we develop provide the entire organization with a best in breed Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) experience. Using our homegrown Expeditor orchestrator, we've developed a pattern of "Release Process as Code" which empowers our engineering teams to quickly and reliably ship amazing products to our customers on the cadence that is appropriate to them.
- Design, develop, and maintain the software used to enhance our development and release lifecycles.
- Guide the discovery and implementation of next generation deployment patterns that take advantage of cutting-edge technologies.
- Maintain and support our growing collection of build and test platforms.
- Support and guide our engineers on the usage of our tools, patterns, and practices.
- Provide L2 support for business-critical release infrastructure.
- 4+ years’ experience with software development (Ruby or Go preferred).
- 4+ years’ experience with cloud engineering (AWS preferred).
- Strong experience with CI/CD practices and principals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Kubernetes and microservice architectures.
- The drive to continuously expand the boundaries of your own knowledge and to share that knowledge with others.
Nice to Have:
- Experience with Bash, Powershell, and NodeJS.
- Experience with Helm, GitOps, and Kustomize.
- Experience with Terraform, Packer, and Vault.
- Experience with Docker, Veertu Anka, and VirtualBox.
- Experience with Kanban and other agile practices.
- Experience with traditional support practices.
- Enjoy being part of a highly collaborative, remote first environment.
- Invested in high code quality, automated testing, and other engineering best practices.
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an equal opportunity employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!