Customer Success Manager
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Customer Success Manager for our Core A product group in our Morrisville, NC location. Please note that this role will start remotely due to our current office pandemic shut down however the role will transition into the NC office once we have reopened safely in the future (date TBD). Candidates must be local to that location from the beginning.
We are looking for an exceptional person to join our growing Customer Success (CS) team to make an immediate impact for our customers at Progress. As a Customer Success Manager, you will work proactively with a growing number of Progress Software strategic Enterprise Customers and/or Partners and will serve as their primary point of contact to help them to see and create the value they are aspiring to achieve (and ideally, beyond), through successful onboarding and adoption of our products and future growth. This will lead to increased revenue, decreased churn, customer retention, while fostering a positive customer experience and ensuring customer satisfaction. If you're a fast learner and passionate about helping customers achieve success, we want to hear from you!
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Effectively navigate across Progress to identify the appropriate cross-functional resource(s) to engage internally to assist with the removal of any complex barriers to the adoption of additional product features and/or functionality.
- Develop new materials, presentations, roll-out plans, and proposals to facilitate customer engagements.
- Leverage existing programs and contributing to the creation of new programs to drive adoptions.
- Be a primary point of escalation contact for targeted customers and handle escalations and resolve issues for customers through coordination across functional areas of the company, including Sales, Support, Engineering, Professional Services.
- Lead customers through post-sales customer journey by leveraging your understanding of the customer’s or partner’s business strategies, with a focus on their business goals and key initiatives.
- Work with customers to ensure the successful onboarding and deployment of newly purchased products or releases, while coordinating all activities associated.
- Work with other internal resources to coordinate/facilitate workshops in order to educate customers on current features, and best practices in order to enable them to be successful with further adoption of our products and or deployment of new releases.
- Successfully create opportunities for reference accounts among assigned customers.
- Conduct quarterly business reviews to discuss status of the product(s), opportunities and outcomes expected, or future adoption of additional features or products.
- Support Account Management team in maximizing the revenue protected via renewals and any new revenue generated from upsells or cross-sells, including develop executable success plans and work with Account Managers to craft and continuously update strategic account plans for their respective customers
- Ensures the success of customers in achieving outcomes; therefore creating the opportunity for account manager to further expand and grow their accounts.
WHAT THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL NEED TO HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree, or its equivalent in business or a related field in management is preferred however, a strong background in the customer success field with effective relationship management experience would be a PLUS for this position.
- Proven experience working in a client-facing role (i.e. technical support, customer success management) with a track record of driving initiatives independently and collaboratively to deliver on customer projects to ensure outcomes are delivered and improve customer satisfaction
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong and trusting collaborative relationships with a diverse set of internal and external cross functional teams ranging from technical support, engineering, product management, professional services, and account teams, up to and including senior level executives
- Ability to keep accurate, detailed records of activity in CRM (Salesfore.com experience preferred)
- Demonstrated business acumen in understanding customer’s business goals and objectives with the ability to assess risks, identify the right approach to problems, make informed decisions, and provide innovative solutions
- Ability to lead cross-functionally in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to manage and resolve complex escalations and other problems, while maintaining continuous communication while maintaining a strong customer centric approach
- Excellent organizational, project management, multi-tasking, and time management skills while demonstrating high levels of empathy and motivation
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!