We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Software Architect in Core C product group in Bangalore, to work on Chef which is one of top 3 enterprise product in Dev ops & Dev sec ops space.
In Chef, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practice. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day have infrastructure built, deployed, secured and run with our code.
What you will do in this role:
- Produce technical design specifications and guidance to the appropriate detail, acting as an advisor to a large technical or product zones
- Understand scalability and performance in terms of, systems, services and infrastructure architecture
- Provide a vision of the core framework of technology services and the components for your product which enable reuse by the technology teams
- Participate collaboratively with scrum team members and product owners to groom initiatives in line with the larger technology priorities and engineering excellence goals such as stability, quality, performance etc.
- Liaise with the senior business leaders and tech leadership to ensure alignment of R&D goals and technical capabilities
- Provide design and architectural guidance and governance in delivering software components and services
- Coach, mentor and inspire all levels of developers and Architects as needed, collaborating with their managers on areas of career development and growth
The successful candidate is used to wearing multiple hats, highly motivated, quality conscious with a strong attention to detail, and exhibits a history of achievement in their career to date.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 13 – 16 years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree with 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent
- Experience in large scale HA/DR Cloud-based systems
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux, Big Data, SQL, NOSQL, and various other technologies
- Expertise in distributed computing tech (spark), RESTful API, Microservice pattern, WebUI (HTML 5) and Modern JS frameworks like Angular, ReactJS etc.
- Expertise in modern public cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP) as well as experience in public and private cloud networking architectures along with expertise to infrastructure as a code (CloudFormation/Terraform etc.)
- Expert in software engineering skills and computer science experience
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like marriage leave , Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave.
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,personal accident insurance coverage,Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!