People Team Intern
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins.
As an intern in the EMEA People team you will be working in close collaboration with the Progress EMEA People Generalist Team as well the rest of the People Team in providing stellar employee experience.
Why is this a good opportunity for you?
On this role you will have the opportunity to gain invaluable, hands-on experience in a dynamic and fact-paced professional environment. You will be closely monitoring and shadowing our experienced People Team Generalists from our EMEA locations Sofia & Rotterdam in their day-to-day activities and helping them ensure stellar employee experience. During this period, you will get to participate in various initiatives designed to support and help our colleagues exceed in their jobs while learning best practices in the industry.
Please, note that the duration of the internship is 6 months, full time (40h/ week).
Here are some of the things you will be doing daily:
Admin & Operational tasks:
- Keep up to date and expand the employee discounts list.
- Responsible for the holiday and leave admin in EMEA.
- Administration of short-term sickness admin in EMEA, including uploading sick notes in payroll.
- Take part in writing and polishing Job Descriptions in cooperation with the EMEA People Generalist Team.
- Help with the administration of the benefits in the EMEA region.
- Assist with all EMEA – pre-onboarding tasks such as: requesting Sterling background check, setting up meetings for first day, setting up first day agenda and communication with new hires.
- Participate in the new hires On-boarding process
- Helps with post-onboarding tasks
- Helps with reporting and follow-up meetings.
- Directly contribute to the regional culture of the EMEA population by supporting the organization of internal and external events in cooperation with the EMEA People Generalist Team
- Draft events-related communication to all EMEA employees
- Contribute to the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) plan execution and CSR contracts:
- Draft communication, find internal ambassadors, coordinate the event/initiative in EMEA, help with contracts logistics, donations)
- Ensures relevant information is uploaded in payroll.
- Contribute to the overall People Team through other projects and tasks as needed.
If you have:
- Knowledge about various HR domains, gained either through professional experience, or formal education.
- Excellent attention to detail and great organization skills
- Fluent English
- You are looking to make your first steps in a people-oriented position.
- You follow through on tasks and work well in a fast-paced environment.
- You enjoy working in a team environment and take a proactive approach to solve problems and complete tasks.
then we would be happy to hear from you!
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you! Apply by sending us your CV and a short letter telling us why you want to join the team.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 15 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- And many other perks
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!