Technical Writer, Software Engineering
As a Technical Writer, you will be responsible for developing technical content for our Kendo UI line of products. In this role you will not only be in charge of creating the content itself, but you will also need to ensure it is presented in an understandable and easy to find and navigate through manner. You will need to analyze internal and customer feedback and based on it, enhance the existing documentation. You would also need to keep a close eye on the product changes and ensure they are reflected in the Kendo documentation.
You will be working in a highly professional environment with well-defined and evolving content development standards and practices. You will be closely collaborating with Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, and Support teams.
Please note that this is a maternity cover position for 1+ years.
- Collaborate with software developers, product managers, quality assurance, and technical support engineers to develop technical documentation.
- Interpret and explain business and technical information in comprehensive and clear content for developer users.
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills.
- Manage complex documentation projects.
- Organize and structure material and complete content according to set standards, styles, and terminology.
- Create from scratch, validate, and publish new content in the documentation repositories.
- Edit and maintain existing content in a timely, accurate, and organized manner.
- Implement customer and internal feedback for the documentation in a timely and organized manner.
- Ability to organize and structure information in a meaningful manner.
- Technical writing according to standards and guidelines.
- Be technically savvy and have knowledge of the software product development lifecycle.
- Be detail-oriented and deadline-driven.
- Be adaptive, curious about technology, and a team player.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in technical communication
- Experience with version control systems such as GitHub and with Markdown or HTML
- English proficiency
- Degree in Technical Communication, Philology, Journalism, or a related discipline would be a plus
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Student time off
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
- And many other perks
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!