Travel & Procurement Intern
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as an intern in our Purchasing & Travel team in Sofia.
The Procurement and Travel Team supports the organization globally and collaborates with all Business Units such as IT, Finance and Software Engineering. The team is responsible to assist Progress employees with various purchase-related and travel-related requests. The goal of the team is to procure goods and services in an efficient way and in line with the applicable laws and regulations, internal policies and best practices.
This is a very good chance for someone who is looking to gain knowledge and best practices in the Procure-to-Pay process while working alongside a diverse, cross-culture team of bright and talented professionals.
Please note that this is a 6-month full-time internship opportunity also suitable for university students.
What does a typical day on the job look like?
- Invoice handling - work with vendors and Accounting to make sure that the invoices are matched against the statements on a monthly basis
- Hotel payments – communicate with Progress employees and hotels via e-mail and phone to make payments for business trips, conferences, events, etc.
- Gather approvals - obtain approvals via e-mail from the management team for contract renewals
- Handle travel documents and assist with Bulgarian VISA invitation issuance – preparing Point of entry letters, Cover letters, work with notaries and local authorities to issue VISA invitations
- Monitor mailboxes for upcoming contract renewals/new invoices/updates from vendors
- Currently pursuing a university degree or a recent university graduate, preferably in Finance/Economics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Communicates ideas clearly and articulately both orally and in writing
- Good computer knowledge. Experience with Microsoft Office is considered an advantage
- Accomplishes tasks accurately and thoroughly. Very detail oriented.
- Eager to learn and interact with various business units in the company
- Be a very good team-player
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you!
Apply by sending us your CV and a short letter telling us why you want to join the Progress team as a Travel & Procurement Intern.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 15 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
- And many other perks
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!