Senior Network Engineer
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Network Engineer in our Bedford MA location.
Progress Communication Services Team has the mission to foresee and define a strategy how the network should be integrated with business and business priorities. Our vision is that network should be more than basic connectivity, bandwidth for users and access to applications. Instead it should offer an end-to-end functionality together with centralized control which helps business agility.
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Have the responsibility for the day to day support and advancement of our global network infrastructure. This includes areas such as: Routing and Switching, WAN Optimization, VPN and Remote Access, LAN/WAN Connectivity, Wireless, Load Balancers, Firewalls, and Network Management Software
- Lead small projects or multi-task efforts that may include other providers.
- Have experience with Avaya telephony and corresponding end user troubleshooting of connectivity and call issues
- Research and develop standards for architecture and engineering to be used by other IT support groups.
- Contribute to roadmap, architectural direction and continuous improvement.
- Document technical engineering procedures for use by other members of the IT Infrastructure team utilizing the Engineer Design document.
- Be responsible for monitoring network utilization and performance.
- Troubleshoot and escalate appropriately upon network incidents.
- Proactively communicate about opportunities, expectations, timelines, risks, and issues.
- Be a Resource for helping to resolve network related issues that are escalated to the highest level.
- Performs knowledge transfer to other members of the IT Infrastructure Team.
- Assist in vendor negotiations and the RFP/RFI process.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree (or equivalent experience)
- Extensive experience in a similar role, within the technical arena
- Holding CCNA or CCNP certification will be considered an advantage
- Experience with Linux operating systems and Python scripting will be considered an advantage
- Exceptional ability and strong desire to learn new skills
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!