DevOps Engineer II
We’re Progress - we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as an DevOps Engineer II for our Product Engineering Team in Hyderabad.
As a member of the team your responsibilities will include:
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Working on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- Monitoring the processes during the entire lifecycle for its adherence and updating or creating new processes for improvement and minimizing the wastage
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible.
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools
- Provide administration and support of Development Windows and Linux infrastructure, providing consistency and synchronization across server platforms and integrating other infrastructure components.
- Integrating security practices and tool to build pipe to ensure we are delivery high quality solutions with no security risks.
- Create and maintain support documentation providing peers and users with a repository of technical “how to” documentation. Follow documented processes and procedures to create and achieve a common standard.
- Strong verbal and communication skills. Will work closely with different development teams to understand key needs and business drivers.
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance as well as part of a team.
- Strong understanding and experience operating in an agile development environment.
- Bachelors of Engineering / Masters of Engineering with Minimum 2 - 4 years of related experience.
- Strong knowledge on Windows and UNIX(es) Operating systems, windows security architecture. Experience working in multi-operating system development environment.
- Strong experience with process automation using two or more scripting languages, i.e. Perl, Python, Go
- Knowledge of Java required C, C++ or any other programming language is an added advantage.
- 4 -5 Years of experience on Infrastructure as code with strong experience in Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, Docker, and other IAC technologies.
- Hands-on debug tools, good debugging skills, and analysis skills.
- Being able to solve problems proactively and independently.
- Should be able to work closely with different project teams to understand their requirements and should be able to drive development relatively independently.
- Strong communication skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience setting up environments using Virtualization is an added advantage.
- Exposure to Amazon cloud or any other cloud environment is an added advantage.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave ,Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,Personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite, free access to Yoga , Zumba classes by professional trainers
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!