We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Consultant for our team in the United Kingdom or Work from home UK.
In our Core C/ Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies. We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.As a Professional Services (PS) Consultant with us, you will help drive the adoption of Chef products and practices, and enable our customers’ transformation to more agile IT and DevOps. You will frequently act as the face of Chef, whether in online communities, with customers, or at conferences and online gatherings and leading on-site and remote customer projects, including installations, assessments, migrations, consultations, and training.Demonstrated experience in systems engineering/administration or software development
- Experience in design and implementation of Chef or similar solutions
- Experience in the design and implementation of DevOps and automated configuration management tools and principles.
- Experience as a consultant or in professional services is preferred
- Ability to work directly with customers, and with a commitment to their success
- Demonstrably superb verbal communications skills, including a compelling and engaging presentation style that exudes confidence — significant training experience a huge plus
- Experience in dynamic / scripting programming languages and Infrastructure Automation tools. Experience in training others in complex tasks and skills
- Existing involvement in the Chef community is a bonus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a similar field/experience
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!