Manager, Software Engineering- Chef
We’re Progress – we offer the best platforms for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build products that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join our Core C/ Chef Product Group us as a Software Development Manager for our remote US based team.
In our Core C/ Chef Product Group, we develop the world's best products for managing applications and infrastructure at scale, and we deploy them to solve real problems in all kinds of industries. We get to work with the latest in cloud and container technologies.
We have the opportunity not just to follow but to shape best practices. Our platform is used to enable billions of people around the world to chat, fly, present, bank, game, shop, and learn. Chances are the applications and devices you use every day to have infrastructure built, deployed, secured, and run with our code.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the Chef Platform development team deliver the Chef product to our customers via the Cloud
- Be accountable for the development and success of the Chef Platform
- Lead, coach, and inspire your team to deliver quality software on time
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the company, including product management, UX, and customer teams
- Establish lean engineering processes that use collaboration, focus, and rapid iteration to build the right product for the right problems
- Hire and grow your team by cultivating engineering excellence and career development
Who you are:
- You have 6+ years of software engineering experience and 3+ years managing software engineering teams.
- You have demonstrable deep software development skills in at least one systems development language such as Go, C#, C++, Rust, or Java.
- You have experience with modern technology stacks with a bent for system level software
- You have experience with platform development, or application migration to the cloud
- You have extensive experience in a technology that you're personally excited about, such as distributed systems, container orchestration, or systems automation
- Experience working with and leading remote teams is preferred
- You like to dive in, learn new things, and want to build awesome products
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an equal opportunity employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!