Senior DevOps Engineer
We're Progress - we offer the best products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build solutions that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other, and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior DevOps Engineer in Brno.
We support key systems behind the scenes which are needed for all aspects of the CI/CD pipelines, this includes repos, secret storage, artifactories, metrics, alerting, logging, internal library management, amongst others. We control a lot of this with GitOps flows and use IaC tools like Ansible/Terraform to manage this infrastructure.
In this role, you'll be a member of a highly skilled team and use your internal and process automation in software development expertise to support developers and help them find ways to be more efficient through automation. You'll also be mentoring junior talent by delivering workshops, providing conference tips, etc.
What do we need help with?
- Dockerization of the environment for creating modular parts of products
- Artifactory integration across CI/CD
- Increasing visibility to accelerate incident response MTTR
- Responsibility for legacy systems, too, to replace them with new technology and ensure alignment across teams.
What do we expect from you?
- You can look for appropriate tools to solve the above problems or create them yourself if you can't find them.
- You have an open mind and are available to listen, communicate, and present the solution found and find a common path.
- You have a proactive approach to challenges
- Good knowledge of Linux and Python
- Experience with GitLab maintenance, CI/CD pipeline creation
- Knowledge of Docker and Docker-compose
- English language - spoken and written
- Interest in modern technologies
- A positive approach to problem-solving, good communication skills
What will be an advantage?
- Experience with VMware (incl. API), Jenkins (incl. scripting), Terraform, or similar technologies
- Interest in the area of security
So, if you can bring relevant experience and show up with enthusiasm, we’d be happy to hear from you.
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
- 25 days paid annual vacation
- Cafeteria Benefit Plus: pension scheme contributions, MultiSport card, discounts in stores, and more
- And many other perks such as meal allowance and language courses
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!