Senior Partner Development Manager
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Senior Partner Development Manager for our Chef product group working in the Seattle WA area. We are also open to a West Coast candidate as needed.
Progress/Chef is building the best Enterprise Automation Stack on the planet. We’re writing the rules of the cloud – rules the world’s top companies live, breathe and contribute to.
A Partner Development Manager at Progress/Chef works with key partner relationships spanning technology, consulting, and reseller partners to broaden the Chef ecosystem. In this role, you’ll work with our Platform Partners such as AWS, Microsoft Google Cloud and our mutual partners to drive the business for Chef’s offerings. You do this by being great at devising Go-to-market strategies and driving effective co-sell motions between the Platform Partners and the Chef customer-facing teams.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Own the execution and influence the strategy for establishing and building effective field level relationships within Platform Partners, with an objective to build and drive successful go to market and sales strategies
- Own the Co-sell programs with different Platform Partners region and drive associated customer wins.
- Conceptualize and create great Go-to-market programs that can be executed with and through the Platform Partners field
- Determine our strategy and drive execution through the different cloud marketplaces within AWS and Azure
- Deliver sales enablement to ensure the success of Chef offerings on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud
- Drive participation in customer case studies, webinars, and other outbound communications.
- Collaborate with various teams at Chef including marketing, sales, consulting, and others as needed to support Chef success through AWS, Azure and Google Cloud.
- Represent Chef at industry events such as trade shows and meetups.
- 5+ years’ experience in alliance management or partner marketing for market-leading enterprise software and SaaS companies.
- Proven success at new business development with a particular focus on driving partner relationships resulting in the acquisition of new customer logos and expansion deals.
- Knowledge or familiarity of either Azure or AWS technology, market and engagement opportunities a plus
- Prior experience with managing sales/partnerships with Microsoft or AWS
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to manage asymmetrical relationships
- Ability to work on a diverse team and excel in a team-selling environment.
- Travel approx 20% of the time to partners to develop and expand partner relationships. Once the travel restrictions are relaxed
- Existing involvement in the Chef community is a bonus.
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
The Progress benefits package is designed to recognize the diverse needs of our work force. We offer a variety of benefits for your health care needs, including four medical plans that meet any need or budget. Take advantage of our financial benefits, including an Employee Stock Purchasing Plan and a 401(k) with a company match! In addition to a variety of options to continue your career growth, Progress offers a generous Tuition Reimbursement program.
Progress provides flexibility to our employees through Flexible Vacation Time, Flexible Hours, and telecommuting options. Take time to bond with your newest family addition through our Parental Leave options. Or celebrate you by enjoying a birthday holiday! You can even give back to the community through our community service time off.
Progress is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!