Senior Product Manager
We're Progress and we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow's applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as a Product Manager for our Cognitive group in Bangalore, India office.
The Product –
Progress NativeChat is an innovative artificial intelligence-driven platform for creating and deploying purpose-built chatbots. A NativeChat bot takes pressure off human teams by handling the repetitive and routine, leaving our customer’s staff free for interactions that delight and retain their customers. Its application is targeted to but not limited to key segments like HealthCare, Banking, Finance & Insurance
The Team -
You’ll be part of the Progress Cognitive team, reporting to the Senior Director – Engineering & Product Management. You will focus on the Cognitive product line. This is a strategic role that defines the WHAT and the WHY of your product, acting as the voice of the market and the customer. You will work closely with your co-located engineering team and global sales team in executing a winning strategy that connects the best product with the customer who need it. You will also be a strategic advisor to our network of implementation partners, listening to and addressing their needs as they sell and implement Cognitive products in sites around the world.
About the Role
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research to translate the needs of the market and customers into compelling and successful product initiatives
- Assess competition and alternative solutions to articulate distinct competencies, differentiation, and to identify opportunities
- Own strategic product initiatives, understand viable market windows and MVP priorities, and ensure seamless hand-off to the development teams and user experience designers. Work with them continuously to clarify business requirements and asses release risks
- Determine product pricing and licensing policies that will lead to market success, competitive disruption, and revenue maximisation
- Analyse past performance to determine areas of investment, and refine go-to-market strategies
- Launch new initiatives and manage wind-down processes for legacy offerings
- Create revenue and growth projections for your product, including new initiatives, perpetual to subscription licensing shifts, renewal rates and churn, n-tiered distribution, and so forth
- Manage the versioning and lifecycle policies for your product
- Educate the Sales and Marketing teams on the value prop, differentiation, market strategies, and other knowledge necessary to be successful in the go-to-market
- Assist marketing with thought leadership content, persona definitions, strategic direction, and other necessary information
- Assist the sales team with opportunities, non-standard contracts, pricing and discounting, and whatever necessary to win deals
- Travel up to 25% internationally and domestic
- Hands-on experience in a fast-pace Product Management role in software, preferably with Cloud based/SAAS
- Passion for software development done right and experience as a software engineer within a development team. You can understand a developer explaining a technical issue and explain it to a non-technical audience.
- Familiarity with on-premises and SaaS pricing/licensing strategies
- Understanding of the benefits and principles of the Scrum methodology
- Track record of successfully applying Agile principles, with a strong working knowledge of defining user personas, building prototypes, and gathering user validation to ultimately “fail fast” and adjust the direction
- Engaging presenter with excellent communication skills
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!