Data Warehouse Engineer
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins.
The Data Warehouse team is responsible for extracting data from different business systems and consolidating it in a centralized placed in a format convenient for reporting and analysis. We work closely with the Business Intelligence team who provide us with requirements for what data they need to deliver the reports and analyses requested by top management, Finance, Sales, Marketing and Support organizations. You will be part of a fast-paced, team-centric environment, working with knowledgeable professionals and using industry-leading technologies.
At their core, Data Warehouse engineers at Progress are responsible for all ETL processes and data warehouse design, development, testing and documentation. Our environment is mostly based on Microsoft SQL Server technology, but we also use a variety of other tools and connectors. The role provides a premier opportunity for professional development in the Data Warehouse field.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Build and maintain ETL processes to pull data from various business systems
- Build and maintain the data warehouse objects and logic
- Ensure smooth operation of the daily data warehouse processes
- Evaluate different tools for specific data warehouse / ETL needs
- Participate in performance troubleshooting and optimizations
- Experience in building ETL processes and data warehouse implementations, preferably based on MS SQL Server.
- Several years of experience with MS SQL Server (Microsoft Certification is an added advantage)
- Solid skills with relational databases, preferably MS SQL Server: designing tables, writing complex queries and stored procedures, table indexing, performance optimization, etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in terms of articulation of ideas, problem resolution, risk mitigation, production of technical designs, etc.
- Timely completion of development with minimal defects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Self-motivated and a self-starter.
Here are some skills that would help you succeed in the role but aren’t a must:
- Experience with SQL Server Integration Services
- Experience with Cloud based ETL and data warehouse platforms
- Experience with extracting Salesforce data
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- Generous remuneration package
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan Enrollment
Vacation, Family and Health:
- 30 days paid annual vacation
- An extra day off for your birthday
- 2 additional days off for volunteering
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- Additional pension insurance
- Well-equipped gym on-site with CrossFit equipment and a climbing wall
- Co-funded Multisport card
- Daycare Center for your little ones
Аnd even more perks:
- Flexible working hours and generous work-from-home allowance
- Free underground parking with a designated space for bikes and electric scooters
And most importantly a great company culture with wonderful colleagues to learn from and collaborate with!
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!