Automation QA Engineer
We’re Progress – we offer the best platform for building and deploying tomorrow’s applications quickly and easily. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as Automation QA Engineer in our Sitefinity Development team.
The opportunity is a great match for someone who has solid background in software testing and wants to dive into test automation.
The product Sitefinity is an ASP.NET Content Management System delivering power without the complications. Designed with both usability and extensibility in mind, Sitefinity is engineered to make managing a website a positive, empowering experience. Because it’s built on a cutting-edge code-base, Sitefinity is best equipped to meet the long-term needs of today’s businesses, including tackling the fast-paced world of mobile.
What you will be doing most of the time:
- Design, execute and automate test scenarios and test cases based on feature requirements and specifications
- Use various testing techniques to verify features and fixes are correctly implemented
- Develop and maintain automated tests (functional, integration, API, performance and load tests)
- Monitor and maintain test environments as well as the overall quality of the product
Do you have:
- Solid QA experience
- Experience with testing web applications
- Experience with integration and functional test automation
- Experience with web testing frameworks (Selenium, Test Studio, or others)
- Experience with reading complex specifications and preparing acceptance tests, tests plans, test cases
- Basic knowledge of C#
- Fundamental SQL knowledge
- Experience with version control systems (Git, TFS, etc.)
- Knowledge of agile processes (Scrum or others)
- Hands-on experience with bug-tracking and backlog systems (Azure DevOps, Jira or others)
- Very good written and spoken English
- Exceptional ability and eagerness to learn new skills (especially automated testing skills)
Here are some skills that would give you a major advantage but are in no case a must:
- Prior experience with Karma/Jasmine and Protractor
- Previous experience testing Angular and Single Page Applications (SPA) and related technologies ODATA, REST, HTML5.
- Knowledge of TypeScript and ES6+
- Non-functional testing skills like performance, security, scalability, mobile device testing
- Any repetitive tasks automation experience (PowerShell scripting or others)
- Automated configuration and deployment
- Automation of testing environments (virtualization)
- CI & CD experience
If the above fits your experience and career goals, then we would be happy to hear from you!
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy:
- 30 days’ vacation + an extra day off for your birthday
- Generous work-from home allowance
- Premium healthcare and dental care coverage
- A modern office with a well-equipped gym onsite
- Kids' Center onsite
- And many other perks
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!