Director, Sales - Shopper Marketing
Named as one of LA's Best Places to Work by Built in LA, Prodege, LLC, is an internet and media company that is dedicated to “creating rewarding moments” for its members by rewarding them with more than $1.7 billion in cash and free gift cards since inception. Prodege is comprised of leading consumer brands — Swagbucks, MyPoints, ShopAtHome, InboxDollars, and Upromise— which deliver engaging content and valuable rewards to more than 120 million members worldwide. Prodege's complementary suite of business solutions helps brands boost engagement with consumers by making it easy to gather insights, listen to their audience and gain further exposure to drive brand loyalty
We’re currently seeking a Director, Sales, Shopper Marketing to join our team. This position is responsible for identifying and acquiring new national CPG brands and top retailers that will have a major strategic impact on the long-term success of Prodege. This position focuses on direct sales but must understand the company's channel strategy and how the two approaches relate.
Additionally, this position will be responsible for:
- Setting the overall Shopper Marketing sales initiatives.
- Negotiating and selling online advertising and transactional based marketing placements.
- Must have experience in the online space and have a detailed working knowledge of the industry along with a pulse on what is forthcoming.
- Oversee, maintain and upgrade existing accounts to ensure ongoing client satisfaction.
- Develop new business and long term account opportunities through prospecting and cold calling.
- Coordinate, manage and resolve account maintenance issues.
- Effectively interface with President, SVP Sales, and other C-level executives as well as develop and cultivate long lasting Client relationships with all levels including CEO, CMO, Brand Managers, Agencies and Media buyers.
- Complete RFP's and proposals, follow up on submissions and close business.
- Effectively navigate internally with various business units to create compelling Media solutions.
If you’re a sales superstar with excellent presentation skills and the ability to demonstrate successful quota attainment and growth in the past and meet the following requirements, we’d love to hear from you.
Skills and experience required:
- Direct sales experience in internet advertising and media sales (with a mix of online and offline), selling to national CPG accounts and retailers.
- Experience leading a team of sales professionals; strong leadership skills a must.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
- Proven achievement in new and expanded client business generation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage your time effectively and prioritize tasks to meet a range of deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Proven ability to successfully negotiate when closing new business.
- Familiarity with CRM based solutions (NetSuite a plus).
- Experience with GSuite, Excel, PowerPoint, Clearslide and Comscore reporting interfaces.
- Demonstrated ability to actively manage multiple tasks and work within a team environment but also the ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision.
- Must be a goal oriented, persuasive, self-motivated and independent worker.
- Post-pandemic or when it is safer to do so, ability to travel to meet with prospective and existing clients in person. (Travel approximately 40-50%.)